6- Probably the nerves

A few days went on by, we were now on our flight to New York, Camila has this special thing to attend to with grandpa and granny. They said they'll figure out a nanny for me that won't ask too many questions about it.  

**********

"I'm not staying with her!"

"I'm not babysitting her!"

We yelled in unison.

"Yes you are." Camila demanded.

"You're not my mother." Sofie shrugged.

Camila looked at Sinu. "Yes you are." Sinu said nonchalant, looking at Sofia.

"You're not my mother." I shrugged at Sinu.

"Ugh, you guys! You're being difficult! Why can't you just help me out?" She whined, looking at Sofia.

"Because, Kaki! She doesn't like me!" Sofia yelled frustrated.

"Sofie! She has a mouth! Let her talk!" Camila looked at me expectantly.

"Because, mommy! I don't like her!" I said in the same tone Sofie did. Sinu tried to still her laughter and Sofie snorted.

"Well..." Camila tried to look for words before giving up, sighing and answering with honesty, "I don't care. that's even more of a reason. Get to know each other better. There's absolutely no reason for you two, to hate each other." Camila shrugged.

"We're gonna go." She looked at her parents who figured the message. Ale got up from the couch towards the door, now standing near his daughter and wife.

"She needs to sleep by eight, don't watch too much TV, make yourself some food, there's cornflakes in the kitchen, and do not kill each other." She pointed at me.

I groaned.

"You hear me young lady?" She asked sternly.

"Yes! Go!" I giggled.

The door closed.

"So? What are we eating?" I asked.

Sofia and I walked into the "kitchen" in our hotel room. Believe me, it's not really a kitchen. "There's cornflakes, but there's no milk" Sofia whined. I just laughed at her and opened the fridge.

"What are you doing?" Sofie asked.

I took the chocolate milk out and spilled some on the cornflakes.

"Is it good?" She cringed.

"Why won't you try it?" I shrugged.

"Fine." She took a bite.

The second it touched her tongue she smiled. Which made me feel weird in my Tummy.

"That's so yummy!" She grinned, I smiled back without even noticing.

*********

"Do you really hate me?" Sofia whispered, her gaze still on the TV, her fingertips still pass through my hair gently as she caresses it.

I could hear the hurt in her voice.

I hurt her? I didn't mean to hurt her... the thought of hurting her makes my heart clutch with hurt. Why does it feel bad?

I got up, my arm on her shoulders, holding me up, our noses almost touch.

"Sofie, I never disliked you..." I shook my head slowly. Just understand so my heart will stop clutching, will you?

"I dislike the way you made me feel-make, the way you make me feel." I whispered. Afraid she'll hear me. But, of course she will, she's practically in my private space.

"I dislike the way you make me feel too." She whispered.

Her gaze went from my eyes to my lips as my breath hitched. What's going on?

"What are you doing?" I whispered as quietly as possible.

"Kissing you." And before I could process, her lips were touching mine.

She moved her lips so slowly, after I processed a bit I started moving my lips as well.

It lasted a few seconds, but my body was tickling for hours.

I put my head back in her lap, like nothing ever happened.

Nothing happened.

Holy... what just happened?

Wait, no, nothing happened.

Since then, we never talked about it... but we were inseparable.

We never did it again, and tried as hard as we can to forget our feelings and let it pass.

It never passed.