new year

peter had thrown a small little new year's party at his house. nothing big, just a few friends, some good tunes, and of course, food.

3.... 2.... 1.... happy new year!

the year had been over before you even knew it, before your very eyes, just like that, it was gone.

the room erupts in cheers. you turn to peter and give him a kiss.

"happy new year, babe." you said, giving peter another small kiss.

suddenly, the music changes from a peppy pop song to your favorite old-timey song.

"may i have this dance?" peter asked, standing up, smiling with his hand outstretched.

you blushed, taking his hand and standing up.

put your head on my shoulder...

peter took both of your hands as you swayed to the music.

somehow, while with peter, the noises and static of the room had disappeared, and it felt as if it was only you and peter in the entire world.

whisper in my ear, baby

"have i ever told you how much i love you?" peter says into your ear softly. you smile and look into his eyes.

his hands snake down to your waist as he gently holds your hips.

words i want to hear, tell me

"yeah, i think you've mentioned it." you say with a smile. you couldn't stop giggling and couldn't seem to wipe the grin off your face when you were around peter.

you were so helplessly in love with him.

you twirled your fingers around a soft curl that had fallen on his forehead.

tell me that you love me too

peter gives you a gentle kiss on the cheek and spins you around.

with hair framing your face and giggles escaping your lips,  peter falls in love with you a little more.

your beauty, your personality, your small quirks. peter loved every little thing you did.

somehow, peter knew that this incoming year would be just fine as long as you were by his side.

sorry it's been a while!!

happy new year, guys! it's also been a YEAR(!!!!) since i started this book! i published my first blurb on january 1st, 2018. thank you all so much for reading this and voting for it. i appreciate you all so much and i'm honestly so proud of how far this little story has come. i hope you all have an amazing new year ❤️

(obviously unedited and super short but i think this one is rly rly cute uwu)