XXV

I would like to think of myself as a calm and composed lady. I usually handle tough situations effectively and gracefully. Therefore, one may be able to tell that I have hit rock bottom when I have stuffed myself in someone's laboratory with a demon and am on the verge of a breakdown.

Mixed emotions of anxiety, fear, and sadnesses, evade and mangle my mind.

"May I ask why we are currently in the royal John?"

"BECAUSE DID YOU FUCKING HEAR WHAT HE SAID!? THERE IS A BLOOD MOON TONIGHT!
This is it Sebastian. One of my sisters are going to die. All because they didn't listen to me. No one fucking listened." I say pacing back and forth on the granite floor of the abnormally large John.

Did I say verge of a breakdown? Because this is most definitely a breakdown. In fact, I am knee deep in breakdown.

Sebastian opens his mouth to speak and I cut off his speech rambling on again.

"All I can really do at this point is hope that it will be me and not one of them."

"If I am correct, you are dejected because the romany told you that on the day of a blood moon, you or one of your two siblings would pass away?"

"yes."

"And as I recall, you also mentioned the fact that this Romany saw himself in his vision."

"Sebastian! You are correct. Anubis must be here for his vision to become a reality. And there is no possible way he would be here, in the castle of all places."

"Precisely."

I sigh in relief.

"I apologize for my previous behaviour, I feel much more content."

Sebastian and I exit the room and walk back to the front entrance to join the others.

"Please, forgive me for my sudden absence." I say

"You needn't worry Miss Silverado, we were unaware of your chronic phobia of cameras.
We have made sure that it was put away. Therefore, it should not cause you anymore grief." States Phipps

My fear of cameras...?

Moon looks at me with her hands over her face. It was quite obvious that she was trying to hold in her laughter.

I glare at her disapprovingly.

"Why thank you, Mr. Phipps." I say going along with the misunderstanding.

I would rather not explain to him the situation and the real reason as to why I left so abruptly. The whole concept would simply sound insane.

"Whilst dinner is being prepared, all of the guests for tonight are currently gathered out in the yard. Some are participating in a game of polo." Says Phipps

The officers escort us to the backyard.
There are men on horses that seem to be preparing to play a game of polo, and women sitting and watching. There are maids throughout the yard holding trays of glasses of water for the men playing and plates of fancy foods and cocktails for the women. Everyone seems to be dressed quite buoyantly.

"We apologize on her Majesty's behalf as she is currently inside and is quite sensitive to the sun. Even so, her Majesty looks forward to seeing you all tonight during dinner. Please, enjoy yourselves for the time being.
I must go back to tending to her majesty. However, Mr. Grey will see to it that your needs are taken care of."