184. Old Endings unto New Beginnings

January 1, 2019

"Take an old poem, story, or journal entry of yours and use the last line and make it the first line of your writing today."

_____________________________________

Not a word today,

My mind is blank

And the ideas are shy

Surprisingly, my heart is calm

Sometimes when I am unable to write, I feel empty, today I do not feel desperate. Could be that my mind is taking a break and soon the ideas will flow.

I had written the above journal entry (it appears to be one) on February 7, 2017 on another site. Today I would have to rewrite it starting with the last line.

Could be that my mind is taking a break and soon the ideas will flow. Today almost two years from that day I am in a slightly different position; I have too many ideas hopping in my head. They dance over each other, trample over my nerves, whisper in my ears and at times flow out in the words I put to paper and at times shy away - exciting and exasperating times.

My mind is a jumble of words, a juxtaposition of ideas and a spinning yard of stories; I still have periods of lull in between but that is because I am too tired to write and think coherently.

As Rumi said "When I am with you, we stay up all night. When you're not here, I can't go to sleep. Praise God for those two insomnias! And the difference between them."

I think my state is similar to that "I am confounded when I have stories in my head and I am confused when my mind is blank."

___________________________________________

Word Count 250

Note: This was actually prompt no. 186 but I felt it was suitable to start off the new year, so the prompt for this day would be tomorrow.