nineteen

a/n: happy new years y'all🤪

mackenzie tried to keep up with everything annie was saying, pointing out every stall and food joint they passed as they walked down the boardwalk.

"that's jilly's arcade! we'll go there after the amusement park." annie grinned - kenzie chuckling slightly, apparently they had a lot of places to visit after there done at there first destination.

maddie had decided to stay home, still jet lagged from the flight two days ago. mackenzie wasn't give much choice, annie determined on spending as much time with her.

"where are the guys?" kenzie laughed - her hands tugging at the end of her cropped hoodie. although it was summer, the boardwalk was right above the beach - so the cool night breeze off the water made it a bit chilly.

"they're already there. it's at the end of the boardwalk, they probably took the bus - i prefer walking." annie hummed, her hand running through her hair.

mackenzie nodded, personally she'd rather take the bus - but at least by walking she's seeing everything along here.

it only took about five more minuets until they reached wonderland, the name of the amusement park. mackenzie could see an arcade which was under cover, and behind it seemed the opening where there were a bunch of rides and games; three of them which she could see if she looked up.

"took your damn time." hayden scoffed when the two girls finally approached them, he had gone to joeys earlier in the day while annie and mackenzie spent the day at home, unpacking all of mackenzie's bags.

but kenzie and haydens parents insisted tonight that they go out by themselves and that he should show her around and such.

"i was learning about every single restaurant, arcade and stall on this boardwalk." kenzie replied with a slight grin, glancing at matt, joey and johnny.

like expected matt and joey both flashed her a smile, well matt full on grinned along with a cheesy wave. johnny gave a small nod, which kenzie couldn't return - instead quickly looking to annie.

he looked good. even though he was simply wearing pants and a grey hoodie, she couldn't wrap her mind around how attractive he is and she overall feels intimidated by the guy. and embarrassed, reminding herself of what she's texted him.

"where to first?" joey grinned, a bunch of tickets that were for the rides in his hands - having purchased them when they first arrived while waiting for mackenzie and annie.

"the whirl wind!" annie declared with a small smirk, watching as her boyfriend was quick to let out a whine.

hayden had no time to protest though, as annie grabbed his hand and dragged him towards the large roller coaster annie was almost obsessed with.

kenzie felt her stomach drop when she saw the ride, pursing her lips. "i'll wait here and hold all our stuff while you guys go on it." she grinned sheepishly.

"nope! you're going on, i'll sit next-" annie started to speak, but hayden was quick to interrupt.

"if i go on this again i'm sitting next to you." hayden huffed, looking at annie as she let out an exaggerated huff.