T W E L V E

"The chunin exams?" Harumi questioned. "Are you sure that Naruto and Sakura are ready for the chunin exams?"

'Oh great, the chunin exams.'

"I already tested the other three. They all seem to be fit to participate in this years chunin exams." Kakashi replied.

"I see."

"I'll be telling the others tomorrow." Kakashi added. "Come to the bridge at around noon."

"Sure."

"So do you wanna play Shogi? Or maybe spar by the river?" Kakashi seemed happy to see Harumi.

"Why is it that you want to spend time with me all of the sudden?" Harumi rolled her eyes, walking into the kitchen to grab herself a drink.

"We used to be really close when you were little." Kakashi began. "I just wanted to spend some time with you I guess."

"Okay then," Harumi walked back into the living room. "I guess I could go for a game of Shogi."

After a few minutes of silently playing Shogi, Kakashi decided to start a conversation by asking some questions that he had been curious to know the answers to since he found out Harumi's real identity.

"Why did you leave the village?" Kakashi's question didn't seem to faze Harumi one bit. She hesitated to answer, though.

"It's kind of complicated," she answered after a few seconds. "after watching my parents die, I just ran, I guess. I was scared and I didn't think." Harumi replied stoically as she moved one of her Shogi pieces.

Kakashi didn't seem to have a reaction. He took his turn and moved a piece of his. "I see." He said.

"I have another question." He added. Harumi didn't answer, but Kakashi knew it was okay to ask what he wanted to ask.

"Why did you become an assassin?"

This one hit Harumi a little harder than she expected. She held her chin with her index finger an thumb, thinking about this question.

"Well, after running out of the village after my clan was killed, I was found by a snake man."

"He took me in, I guess." She continued. "But not as a guest. He used me as an experiment, a tool."

Kakashi was a little shocked to see that Harumi's face had no expression after sharing something so traumatic.

"He trained me to work for him as an assassin." She continued. "He taught me to never feel emotions. He taught me to kill, to fight. And one day when I was out on a mission, I found out that my older twin brother, Sasuke, was still alive. I managed to escape the snake man's hideout and I made my way here." Harumi finished, lying about the fact that Orochimaru was the one to take away her emotions. It was in a way his fault as he was the one to seal the Zero Tails inside her in the first place.

"I see." He added. "The few times that I had encountered you on missions, I would have never thought that you were actually Natsuko Uchiha."

~○~●~○~

"We have a few minutes before he gets here, so let's mess these kids up a little." A weird guy with purple face paint was holding a kid up by his scarf.