Chapter Fifty-Three

Start from the beginning

Dr. Piekarski stood shocked, sweat dripping down the side of his temple. "I won't call security."

Justin smirked in victory, "Smart choice."

My breathing was shallow and quick, my heart pounding against my chest.

A criminal?

Killing?

My breath got caught in my throat, causing a loud cough to emmit from my mouth. Both Justin and Dr. Piekerski turned to face me, a worried expression of both of their faces.

I couldn't keep the coughs down, making it harder and harder for me to breathe. "Holy shit, Brooke! Baby, are you okay?"

I couldn't form any words, my lungs and chest burning like a wild fire from the lack of air. Dr. Piekarski rushed over with an oxygen machine, slamming his hand down on a red button next to the bed I was lying on. In seconds, three more nurses and surgeons came running in, checking my vitals.

The last thing I saw was Justin's screaming face blur, before I was surrounded in blackness.

Justin's POV

Fear.

The only thing running through my mind and body was fear.

I was once again forced out of Brooke's hospital room, still sitting right outside the door with Conrad. My mind raced with the worst possible outcomes, while Conrad tried to assure me of the good ones.

"Maybe, after medication, she'll remember you. This could be a good thing." His optimistic thinking made me want to puke as I threw a tennis ball they gave me at the wall in front of me. It bounced back in to my hands, as I kept repeating this action.

"Seriously Justin, we should walk around, we need to do something. Sitting here and drowning in sadness is not helping anyone, especially Brooke." Conrad stood up from the floor, smiling down at me. "C'mon, it'll be fun."

"I'm not leaving this spot until I know she's okay." I declined Conrad's offer, resuming my continuous throwing and catching pattern with the tennis ball.

"You're just making it worse for yourself, would it really kill you to think positively?"

My eyes rolled back as I clenched my jaw in annoyance. "Yes clearly it would fucking kill me."

"You do realize she's going to be okay, don't you?" Conrad chuckled a fake laugh. "The worst thing that will happen is you have to introduce yourself to her again, and go on a few dates. Just because she lost her memory, doesn't mean she's a different person. She's still Brooke Santilli, and if she fell in love with you once, she'll do it again."

"My problem is, I believe in love at first sight. I just can't get it out of my head. It feels like this is her second time meeting me. I feel like she won't be able to fall in love with me again because I'm old news." I let out a deep breath, pushing my head in my knees.

"I need to know if she'll ever love me again."

Dr. Piekarski's (Dylan's) POV

"She already has amnesia, she just went through a powerful coughing spree." I explained to one of the older, more experiences nurses what was happening.

Personally, I found nurses extremely useless in the hospital department. I respect them as people, but a nurse is such a stupid occupation. Why not just be a doctor? I don't need nurses getting in my way when I'm trying to help a patient.

"Do you want me to set up a CT?"

"No, I'll do it myself," I grumbled, shaking my head. "You wouldn't understand a CT. It's very difficult to read."