Chapter 58- Training #2

"Great job Simon!! Keep that stand up!!"

Simon huffed and puffed out of tiredness and overuse of his magic abilities, as his eyes fluttered closed for a second to ease the growing headache that was aching his sleep deprived brain at the moment.

"Hold on tight then give it your all! You got that?"

His grip tightened at the handle of his katana, his eyebrows furrowing, and practically gluing themselves against each other, forming a straight line atop of his eyes, as he focused all of his attention at the giant mountain ahead of him.

'Here goes nothing.'

Swiftly, he titled the head of his katana to the side, and sent a powerful, almost unrealistic, slash towards the mountain ahead of him, as the mentioned mountain was at least 30 m away from his sweaty form, his eyes closing down in fear at the thought of acknowledging the fact that he had maybe, possibly, failed yet again in the task that his mother had asked him to accomplish.

After all, this was what, his 10th time trying?

Simon flinched at the sound of something collapsing in front of him, a small bundle of hope of him finally succeeding in slashing the middle of the rocky mountain forming itself in the pit of his stomach.

Then again, that sound could be caused by his mother's fist destroying the mountain instead of him out of anger because he had, yet again, failed.

He gulped while simultaneously shivering at the last possibility that had crossed his mind.

But a boy can dream right?

"Simon!!"

'shit.'

Here it goes.

She's going to kill him--

'I lived a good life--'

Simon's thoughts were cut off by the feeling of a hand landing itself on his shoulder, followed by three words he never expected to hear his mother say to him in that moment--

"You did it!!"

**

"Hell yeah!" Cheered Rosemary with a laugh as she pointed her cream covered fork in her younger brother's direction. "That's my little brother!!" A shy laugh escaped the mentioned boy's mouth at her praise to him.

"Thanks Rose."

"You did amazing Simon." Continued his father to praise him along with a cheeky smile, as Jellal threw a hand on the boy"s shoulder while rubbing at his forearm slowly. "Your definitely progressing with your skills well."

"Yeah!! I mean, it took me over 20 tries for me to finally cut a stupid rock!!" Laughed out Rosemary to Simon sheepishly while she picked at the piece of strawberry cake before her. "But you, it took you only 10 times to cut a huge freaking mountain!!" She whistled as the scarlet girl was genuinely impressed at her brother's achievement. "I'm telling you, your gonna kick ass in those games." Simon chuckled at her words as he shook his head while embarrassingly scratching the back of his lowered head to the ground.

"Thanks guys, all those praises really mean a lot to me..." Sighed the boy as he gazed at piece of strawberry cake before him with disinterest, a small smile aching its way on his face.

What?

He was a sucker for praises.

Especially when they came from the people he cared for the most.

"You deserve them Si. Your going to do great in those games." Chuckled out his mother as she placed a plate of strawberry cake in front of her youngest and only son, as a sweat drop slid its way on the boy's forehead as he looked at the mentioned cake with a frown. "I heard Mermaid Heel will be participating--"