Chapter Two

Chapter Two:

I’m standing there so lost after I get dressed in my ring attire, “What now?” I mumble to myself sitting down going over the script intensely, don’t want to screw up my first night here. I go out normal and read this part introducing myself while making it clear I’m a heel, Vickie comes out to interrupt. I embarrass her Dolph comes out to defend her but is surprised by my beauty…I scoff at that part. Carrying on, I walk past him turn around and give a come here motion to him and he follows like a puppy in love. Commercial. “Sound’s simple enough.”

“What does?” a voice cuts in, I look up and see Nick his face cold no emotion at all. I lift the script not even wanting to bless him with my voice, as I lie down on the bench with my knees up.  “Just like old times over practicing the script, just relax and you’ll do great, Tor.” He gives an actual sincere smile before looking away awkwardly.

“This isn’t going to work if you can’t stop being so awkward!” I blurt out hitting his knee with the script in my hand, he turns to me with a smirk.

“Me? You are the one being all awkward around here, I’m just being good looking!” his smirk gets wider as his eyes get that humble gleam they always used to have, making me smile back.

“Boy please, Kane looks better than your ass!” I give a devilish grin as his jaw drops and he grabs his heart like he was in pain.

“How dare you, my mommy Vickie says I’m beautiful…” he says in a kids voice and we both burst into laughter just like old times, “I cannot believe I’m about to say this but…I think I missed you…” he smiles as our laughs subside. My smile doesn’t waver but my breath gets caught in my throat, I KNOW I missed you…

“Of course you missed me I’m the best, fuck the rest.” I give a cocky grin, he leans forward waiting for me to say the words he wanted. “And I guess…I sorta missed you too…only a little bit.” I smile trying to make it look painless, he smiles back and I could feel my heart break all over again.

“Remember when Yin and Yang challenged us to a mixed tag team match way back when-“ he starts but I quickly cut him off sitting up with excitement,

“We surprised the audience by me fighting Yang instead of the girl Yin and I won! Oh my gosh everyone’s faces, it was a priceless moment…” I trail off replaying the moment in my head a smile lingering on my face,

“Yeah…that was one of my proudest moments of you…thought for sure you would get a call from the WWE in a week…” he whispers, I look over at him and he looks vulnerable as though talking about it hurt him.

“Nope, they called you.” I say plainly opening the script trying to look busy, as the pain came back.

“Victoria, you know I tried to get them to take both of us but they said you were a liability, too reckless and they couldn’t risk other’s health.” He says like he did way back then, I give a slight nod remembering the moment clearly.

“Didn’t really have a choice back then, in order to get any attention as a Diva you have to do extreme things or no one cares about you.”

“I know, I fought for you Tor trust me on that.” He reaches for my hand but the door opens and he pulls back,

“We’re next.” Vickie says glaring at me and Nick so close together, I nod getting up to follow Vickie but I just couldn’t fight the feeling I turn around and hug Nick surprising both him and Vickie.

“It’s okay, no hard feelings.” I whisper in his ear as his scent travels up my nose and suddenly I start to doubt whether or not I can stay here with Nick being so close, promising career or not.