Attitudes and Apologies (C27)

I run so fast my lungs begin to burn and the coppery taste of blood fills my mouth. I couldn't believe how dumb I was. The one thing my father asked me not to do I went and did. I wasn't sure if I could trust Kayden with my secret. Trust was a big thing for me especially when it came to things that affected more than just myself.

I knew i'd have to talk to Kayden eventually just maybe not right this minute. I was hoping if I left it long enough I could convince him the purple in my eyes were the reflection of the lake or something. It sounded stupid but lucky for me he wasn't super keen on seeking out a friendship anytime soon.

I skip the rest of the day and go back to our room for a shower hopping i'd wake up and this was all just some bad nightmare I was stuck in. I enter the bathroom and decide to take a bath instead. I had no intentions of going back to class today or doing anything really. While in my bath I want it that way by the backstreet boys begins playing and I'm reminded of how much I miss my friends. I check the time up on the clock in the bathroom to see it was going on to 11:30. I decided i'd go to lunch and attempt to find my sister.

I had talked to most of the alphas over cookies and became comfortable with them and my pack...well I still needed to meet more of them. This was the perfect opportunity to do so. I enjoy another 20 minutes in the tub before getting changed into a white off shoulder and jeans. I put on my shoes and brush out my hair before leaving.

I successfully make it to the dining area and begin searching for my sister

I successfully make it to the dining area and begin searching for my sister. I walk around each of the tables probably looking like a complete lunatic. I spot a group of male witches sitting in dark clothes around a circle table. I slowly approach them not wanting to make a huge scene. "Hi...Im Alpha Aaliyah King do you guys by chance happen to know my sister Sienna?" they all look at each other confused. Another guy walks over with a tray and sits down "Sienna's sisters an alpha?" He says pursing his lips "Interesting" he says shrugging his shoulders "Well your sister is out with wolf boy in the garden probably" my blood boils as he says the words "Does he have blonde hair and dark eyebrows?" i ask as calmly as possible "Bingo" the guys says buttering his bread.

I begin to walk away back to my room when the guy stops me "You must be liyah. The girl Hunter talked about for the first few weeks"he talked about me? "Boy was he swooning but he got one look at the witches here and lets just says hes under their spell" the guys wiggles his brows. was he deliberately trying to piss me off "Where is he now?" I ask seeing as I hadn't seen him around either "Like I said. Hes under their spell...right now" he winks at me causing me to shake in my skin "Do you know where his sisters are" I ask, He smirks making me regret even coming over to this table "They're probably sitting down towards the back there he nods. I smile and force a thank you out of my mouth before going to look for Celeste and Mar.

I spot them sitting at a nearby table with a few other girls and guys. I smile and walk over thankful I finally got to see them "Mar, Celeste" I say cheerfully as I walk over to their table "Oh hey liyah" Mar says while celeste is still talking to a guy on the table  Oh hey Liyah? Thats all I get after almost 2 months apart. "Whos your friend" the guy says winking at me "Oh her" celeste turns and looks me straight in the eye "Shes my moms friends daughter" is all she says before turning back around. What was her problem? I look at Mar and she just shrugs. I stand there a little longer in disbelief before deciding to go back to my room. I walk back to the tower fuming. I stand in the elevator so impatiently almost breaking the buttons out of anger. Was there anyone I coud depend on to be loyal?.

I take long deep breaths as I walk towards the door. I open it to see Jordan sitting and smiling on the sofa "Where did you put that extra container of cookies?" He asks. "Why dont you ask my sister" I say walking to my room still feeling betrayed. I get in bed and decide to take nap. I didn't feel like talking to anyone at that moment.

It's alright Aaliyah

im glad I still had a loyal lycan.

I sleep for about 7 hours. when I wake up its dark and Jordans snoring filled the house. I walk into the kitchen and grab the cookies I made for him out from the microwave. He hadn't touched them yet.

I heat me some milk on the stove with some vanilla pods. Once its steaming I pour it into a mug and go sit outside with my new favourite knit blanket. I hear shuffling from their deck. I didn't want to talk right now "A-" I hear his voice. I pick up the milk and cookies and  walk back towards the door. "Aaliyah wait" I went weak when he said my name like that. I close my eyes but refuse to turn around. I continue walking in to the house. I hear a grunt and quickly Turn around. He was now standing on my balcony. I stand there surprised "i-i" I stutter"Y-you just jumped" I was kind of impressed although it was only a few meters jump. "Well I wanted to talk."I raise a brow and put the milk and cookies back down on the table. I turn back at look at him "I..." he drags his sentence and takes a deep breath as if he was struggling to speak "I want to apologize." wow Kayden Ace was apologizing "Today wasn't about you I was just angry. Angry about Alex and Angry about everyone talking about you and Angry at myself for not being able to stay away from you. Ive been angry at everyone but you but ive been taking it out on you and that was wrong of me..." he leaves me in suspense again "I know it may not mean much now but I am sorry for what I said to you back in the forest when we were younger...I regret saying those things to you and the look on your face after what I said...It still gives me nightmares sometimes" he says looking genuinely sorry "I..." I had no clue what to respond to that. I just nod my head hoping that was enough to satisfy his apology. He lets out a faint smile and looks me in the eyes "Can I ask something?" he asks. I nod my head since my mouth clearly didnt know what words were "Why did you think we were mates?" he asked.

The words came out immediately as if I had been rehearsing it my whole life "I could smell you as soon as you arrived at my house and when I touched you....warm electricity coursed through my veins and I just assumed it was a mate bond" i shrug my shoulders "Oh-" he has a confused look oh his face "Because I've been getting that feeling as well since you've been here" he says looking to the floor "Wait you can feel it?" I ask "Well...No. I knew we couldn't be mates because Im a lycan and-" I cut him off "Lycans and Wolves cant't mate. I know" I say dying to tell him about my secret "Yeah" he looks out over the balcony. "Kayden I need to tell you something" I hesitate.