Chapter 30

Dick graduated with a bachelors and got a big job in New York. We picked up and moved to New York City and lived in a high rise.

Dick's dad promised to support his son, as long as he divorced his negro wife. Dick declined, and was taken out of his father's will.

By 1980, Dick's net worth would be double the amount of his father's at his peak. In fact, his father asked Dick for a loan to save his businesses going into bankruptcy.

Dick and I had three children, two boys and a girl.

The oldest boy, Michael Richard, would grow up to be in business just like his daddy. He chose that career, and his focus was technology. He'd move to Japan due to their booming economy and innovations.

The girl, Donna Marie, who is the middle child, would grow up to go to med school and become a doctor. Dick never would admit it, but she was his favorite child. She always managed to make him proud from spaghetti art projects to PhD's.

The youngest boy, John Fitzgerald, would grow up to be an artist. He was always an eccentric boy, but we loved him nonetheless. He would become a big author one day.

My life was full, and it was filled with love. As you could see, I moved on after Kennedy and built myself a family.

November 22, 2013

"Grandma!" Alexa smiles at me as she held her iPod in hand. "Look at this!"

"Yes, darling?" I asked as she showed me that bright screen. She typed quickly on it, and I shook my head. "Mmm, mmm, mmm, I don't know how you use that thing."

Alexa was about 11 years old at this point. She looked like her mother, Donna, and had the heart of her grandfather.

"Didn't you work in the White House?" Alexa asked. I nodded with a smile.

"Well, look here!" She said as she showed me a picture. "Isn't that you, grandma?"

I squinted as I looked at the screen. It was a photo of me shaking hands with Jack on that first day. He was alive, vibrant and happy. I noticed the fact that I was much younger. I didn't appreciate my beauty at the time.

"Why yes it is." I told her with a weak smile.

"You were gorgeous." She said as she looked at the screen. "That's so cool you got to meet JFK."

"President John F. Kennedy was a great man." I nodded as we sat on that couch. I clutched a cane in my hand.

"Were you close?" Alexa asked as she looked at me.

"Hm?" I asked, getting lost in my thoughts from the question.

"Did you know him well?" She asked innocently. I thought for a moment, searching for an answer.

We were interrupted by the opening of the front door. "Mom!" Donna called out as she walked in. "Hey, thanks for babysitting."

"It's not problem when it's my grandchild." I told her and she rolled her eyes with a smile.

"You should rest, mom. You're at an age where you need to relax." Donna told me.

"I'll relax when I'm dead." I answered her and she laughed. She took Alexa's hand.

"I'm on break right now from the hospital and I've got to get Alexa to gymnastics." Donna told me quickly. "Sorry I can't stay long."

"It's no problem, go out and live your life." She insisted. Donna smiled and left a kiss on my cheek.

"Come on." She told Alexa as they both walked out.

I sat on my couch, and held my cane between my legs. It was quiet, all you could hear was the clock ticking on the wall. I thought about my photo that was on Alexa's gadget, and wondered how they'd ever find something like that. It seemed like it was taken a lifetime ago.

I barely recognized the young girl in that photo. She was a totally different person than the woman I became.

Suddenly, I felt something in my chest. It lasted for a few minutes, until I didn't feel pain at all.

I smiled as I walked through the door. A tall man stood with his back to me, his hand in his pocket. Finally, he turned around and smiled at me.

I smiled back, walking to him. He opened his arms, and enveloped me in a hug. I kissed him happily.

He looked down at me with a smile. "I've waited a lifetime for you."

I closed my eyes as I was being held in his arms. Together, we flew to the moon and beyond. We were among the stars, and nothing could keep us apart.