Chapter Thirteen

After the engagement, Renata had felt more at peace than she ever had in her entire life. There was a sense of security that washed over her every time she peered down at her left ring finger and gazed at the ring. Sometimes she would find herself smoothing her other fingers over it, just to check and make sure it was all real. And it was, leaving her to smile each and every time. Of course, the engagement itself did not remain a secret for long among the public and Renata had a feeling that Sirius had something to do with it. He was a well-known gossip queen on a good day and everywhere Renata or James went, people were congratulating them before they even had a chance to say hello. 

However, neither one of them minded as each reminder left them practically giddy in many ways. There was the focus of the wedding as that was the first question that everyone seemed to ask; when was the date? Neither one of them had put that much thought in it, still riding the bliss they felt just from the engagement alone. There was no rush, but at the same time, it was a question that both Renata and James were asking themselves in the privacy of their own minds. James didn't want to come across as pushy but if Renta was fine with it, he would have married her the next day with friends and family around.

But that would be moving too fast and if there was anything that James learned from his past, was that he didn't want things to come across as rushed. There wasn't a war to be fought, no lives were being lost, and times had fallen to a relaxed state. There was no need to rush around anymore, in a way, they had all the time in the world. It just so happened that he just wanted to spend as much time with Renata as possible and that wasn't a crime, was it?

To Renata, not much had changed since the engagement, at least, she still had her same plans as before when it came to getting the restaurant open and running while tending to her motherly duties to Harry. But there was one thing that crossed her mind and she was hoping to ask James, hoping she wasn't out of place to do so. However, before she did ask him, she decided to ask what the others around her believed, whether it was a good idea or not.

The first in the lineup was actually Remus, seeing as Huxley and Harry had a playdate to tend to, she was sure it was a better time than ever. 

Fortunately, the time worked in her favour as James claimed he was going in for a job interview. Despite having plenty of money to the family name, James wanted to do something of his own. And while Renata had encouraged time and time again to pursue Quidditch, he thought of something else. But he wouldn't tell her what it exactly was until he had confirmation that he had the job. There was no use in getting everyone's hopes up if he didn't qualify for the position.

However, that afternoon as it was just Renata and Harry at the Potter Cottage, she had just finished giving Harry a bath, when Remus and Huxley arrived. Harry would have run out naked if Renata didn't catch him at the last second, bringing him to his room so that he could get dressed. She called out that they would be down in a minute, leaving Remus to respond that there was no need to rush. But Harry seemed to be in more than a rush to greet one of his best friends.