Awkward Kiss

Their first kiss was an awkward one. It wasn't amazingly good like so many stories said. She didn't automatically know what to do, and she didn't automatically know that he was the one for her. Fireworks didn't go off as soon as his lips touched hers either. Sure, she got a giddy feeling at the fact that he liked her enough to kiss her and she was really happy about it, but there weren't any fireworks because it was way too awkward. It was her first kiss ever, so she didn't know what to do, and he hadn't had much experience either, despite being a famous footballer and all the rumours that went around about him. Because of their inexperience, their relationship was mainly figuring things out together. Later in their relationship, they eventually worked out how to do everything properly, after much practice, but their first kiss, even thinking about it months later, was cringe-worthy. At least, it was to her.

It had been after their second date. Kylian had accompanied her inside of her apartment - it wasn't the first time he'd been there because they'd been friends for a few months before they agreed to give dating a try- and they had put on a movie because they didn't want to say goodbye yet. The movie had only been playing for a few minutes before he leaned in unexpectedly and planted his lips on hers. Because of her surprise at his sudden desire to kiss her, she didn't respond until after a few seconds. And her response hadn't been the best either. She just clumsily moved her lips over his, probably way too much than was necessary. She hadn't even closed her eyes until he pulled away, having been way too surprised in the moment. She didn't want him to think that she liked watching people whilst they kissed, however, because that'd make everything even more awkward, so she quickly closed her eyes as soon as his lips left hers.

After the kiss, they just looked at each other awkwardly and because she really didn't know how to deal with awkward silences, she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind, which was "well thanks". He looked at her weirdly for a second before they both burst out laughing, and she covered her face with her hands in embarrassment.

His answer to her embarrassment had been really sweet. His laughter quietened down, and he gently took her hands in his, pulling them away from her face slowly. He bent his head forwards slightly, seeking eye contact with her before he started speaking with a charming and adorable grin on his face.

"You're welcome. But you don't have to thank me for kissing you, you know. It's a pleasure," Kylian winked at you and you laughed softly, "Seriously, though. Don't be embarrassed. The kiss was nice, and your answer was even better. Besides, I had a lot of fun tonight. I think we should do this again, but only if you want to." He squeezed her hands softly, his lips breaking out into a full-out grin when she nodded.

Leaning forwards again, he briefly pressed his lips against hers again before he leant back against the back of the couch. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him, pressing her against his side as they settled back on the couch to continue watching the movie.

And just like that, the awkwardness melted away. And Kylian had teased her about it for weeks, thanking her every time they kissed, and it wasn't until she threatened to never kiss him again that he stopped.