24| The Carrot's Trick

Zoe's P.O.V

"How the hell did this happen?" Chica frowned, her head resting comfortably on Eliki's lap.

"Fucking Aron happened," I seethed, my hands shaking in anger.

"Don't worry, he'll get what he deserves." Jax assured, a dark expression on his face.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, the events of earlier swarming into my mind like a plague.

*A DAY BEFORE *

"Stupid idiot, why the fuck does he avoid me for a week? Was it because of a freaking kiss? It was just on the cheek! Now, I have to do this shit just to catch him," I mumbled sleepily, slumping further on the passenger seat.

I let out a small scream when the car suddenly lurched forward. I felt my heart drop and memories flew in.

"What the fuck Neo! The hell is wrong with you?" I snapped, turning to glare at him.

He grinned cheekily,"That's payback for waking me up at 6 in the morning just to drive you to school! Our class doesn't even start until 7:30!" He said, shrugging.

"Says the guy who goes to school at exactly 7 am just to see the girl he likes walk by the entrance doors," I retorted sassily.

Neo immediately went red,"Who told you that?" He didn't even bother denying.

I snorted,"I don't need anyone to tell me shit Neo. I have fucking eyes and it's quite obvious how your friends would slap you in the back everytime she smiles back at you like you've won an oscar award." I remarked, amusement lacing through me.

He groaned,"Guys do that everytime a pretty girl smiles back." He defended, shifting gears.

I chuckled,"Dumbass, I know that. What makes it different is the shy smile that you have after it happens." I smugly pointed out.

"Fine. You caught me. I do like her." He sighed defeatedly.

"Even if you denied, I know you like her. It's a twin instinct and if I were you, I'd tell her about it." I answered simply.

The song if I were a boy flashed in my mind and I mentally started singing the lyrics in my head.

He glared at me playfully," It's not that easy. We've been sending smiles back and forth for the last two years but she doesn't give a sign that tells she likes me." He said, his hand doing weird gestures to emphasize his point.

I slapped him in the arm,"Have you ever made a move to show you're actually interested at her? yes none so stop the fucking whining and instead do something. It's senior high and after that we wouldn't even see one another if ever she doesn't like you back which for me is totally impossible considering how sweet her smile is towards you." I replied, waggling my brows suggestively.

Neo kept quiet for a few seconds before turning to me with a grin. He ruffled my hair which earned a protest from me.

"You're growing up so fast it's making me want to headlock you
but I won't. Thanks for the advice twinny." He smiled, glancing at me with a genuine look before turning back to the road.

I chuckled at our little nickname.

"Someone needs to remind you that you have balls twin brother." I joked, earning another ruffle of my hair from him.