Chapter 41:

JCS POV:

"I thought you knew... " I whispered.

"You're parents aren't there." I looked down to the floor.

"Yes they are. They told me." She said.

"Gracie. I mean... Your parents aren't here." I felt horrible.

"What do you mean?" She was getting upset

"They died." I tried to say it as respectively as I could.

She stared at the wall. A few tears started running down her cheeks.

"They didn't leave me..."

Just before she broke down I grabbed her and held her. She just sat there crying in my arms.

"Shh..." I patted her hair. "It will be okay, I've got you."

She wrapped her arms around me and slowly settled down.

--------

GRACIES POV :

I don't understand. They had to be alive. They told me.

I was so confused and I had the worst headache from crying. Jc gave me a headache tablet and I went to sleep.

--------

I woke up, it was dark outside. I check my phone.  It was about 9.30pm. I missed visiting hours and dinner. I was starving. The bags of food were on the floor. 

I wasn't allowed to get out of bed but I did anyway. I quickly grabbed something and jumped back into my bed.

"You do know you're not meant to get out of bed with out permission?" Someone whispered.

"What?" I flicked my head around to see the kid next to me. He was a boy, around my age and he was really cute. He was perfect.

"I'm Leonardo, Leo for short." He smiled, his teeth were perfectly straight.

"I'm Grace." I blushed.

"Yeah I know." He laughed. "You're Jcs kid."

"I forgot about all that." I laughed.

"Well I'm going to go back to sleep but I guess I will see you in the morning." He smiled and laid down.

I laided back down and ate the chips I got. I put my earphones in and listened to music. Trevors song came on, I didn't change it. I just cried myself to sleep.

-------

When I woke up the three other kids my room were already awake.

"Morning." Leo smiled. He was so nice.

"Morning."

We all talked for a while.  The little boys name was Cameron,  he was 13 and he had brain cancer. Cameron had been here for 3 days, he comes in everyone once and a while for observations. He had been doing really well.

The little girl was 11. Her name was Sarah, she had an allergic reaction to peanuts the other day but she was leaving around noon.

Then there was Leo. He was 16. I wasn't sure what he was here for and I didn't want to ask.

I told them that I had been here for what was now thirteen days.

------

Sarahs parents and the nurse came in and then Sarah left.

Cameron had a sleep. I felt terrible,  he was so young. He had been fighting since he was 9. He told us he won't live till he is 16, 17 at the most.

-------

A few days later I was laying in bed on my phone.

"Psst..." Leo hissed.

I looked over.

"What's your number?"

I quietly whispered it to him then seconds later I got a text from him.

"Do you want to go for a walk if we can?"

I looked over to him and smiled. He pressed the buzzer for a nurse.

A/N

Gracie + Trevor = Trevcie ?

Gracie + Leo = Lecie ?

who do you prefer? ???

this story is becoming so shity... idk what to do next. kik me for ideas - aliceinwonderlandxo