part two

02; you're the king?

McKenna

THE SUN burst through the light curtains of McKenna's bedroom window, she opened her bright blue eyes and sat up slightly. She rubbed her eyes and sat up completely, she ran her small hand through her long dirty blonde hair which was a tangled mess. She swung her legs over her bed and set them onto the cold wooden floorboards of her bedroom, she stood and let a soft yawn out of her mouth. Her bare legs wondered into her ensuite bathroom, she looked into the mirror and chuckled sightly at the state of her hair. She brushed her hair and brushed her perfectly straight teeth, she undressed from her oversized hoodie and Soffe shorts and the stepped in the shower.

She stepped back out of the shower and wrapped a fuzzy soft white towel around her petite body, she walked out of her bathroom and over to her wardrobe. She looked through her wardrobe and pulled out a white fluffy turtle-neck sweater and a high waisted tan almost orange skirt. After she pulled the sweater over her head she sat on her unmade bed and pulled her phone from her charger, she replied to messages that were sent to her when she got home from work at the diner. She replied to all the messages and threw her phone on the bed before she stood and walked back into the bathroom, she blow-dried her hair but left it in her naturally wavy hair. Her blue eyes seemed to become bright as she woke up more, she put on light makeup and nude lipstick. She smiled at her reflection, she fluffed her hair and walked out of the bathroom once again into her big bedroom. She quickly and messily made her bed, she was placing her pillows in her bed when she heard a soft knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in" McKenna called out, she heard the door creak open slowly. McKenna looked up with her big blue eye's, there in the doorway stood her older sister Genevieve.

"Morning Ken" Genevieve smiled, McKenna smiled back and walked over to ere she had her shoes, she reaches for a pair of black ankle boots but she was startled by her sister's sudden outburst.

"Stop, Kenna are you crazy...wear you thigh highs" Genevieve giggled, McKenna giggled as well and grabbed her black suede thigh-high heeled boots. McKenna sat down and slide her boots on, Genevieve smiled at her sister then disappeared down the stairs again.

McKenna continued to get ready for another dreaded day of school, she didn't like school because of the reputation she held. She was the King or Riverdale as most students of Riverdale high school says, she was named the King of Riverdale because of her last name and because Riverdale already had a queen; Cheryl Blossom. McKenna and Cheryl Blossom were best friends ever since they meet in their freshmen year of high school. Cheryl and McKenna bonded over the normal girly things like clothes and boys but then they also talked about their troubled families. When McKenna told Cheryl about her Mom and Dad they immediately became closer than ever and that is when the King and Queen duo began.

McKenna pulled her leather backpack and left her room after she grabbed her phone and walked downstairs to get breakfast. Genevieve had two cups of coffee set on the kitchen counter, McKenna ran at the site of the caffeine-filled cup and sipped it with a smile.