[1.18] T h e G r a d u a t i o n C e r o m o n y

C h a p t e r  E i g h t e e n
A p r i l • P o v

[A/N: I just want you to know that that this book is coming to an end and I have no idea how to write university graduations. This is the best I can do.]

It's been 3 years since Hayden and I confessed are feelings for each other and I can honestly say he makes me the happiest girl alive.

I'm so blessed to have met him and he's all fucking mine.

"I can't believe we're graduating today." Sapphire shouts happily, curling my hair as we get ready.

I look at the mirror, smiling, "Me neither, Saph. Me neither."

We finish getting ready and meet the guys downstairs who look equally as good as us.

"Come with me back to the apartment after the graduation." Hayden whispers in my ear seductively, causing me to shiver.

I nod. Even after all these years, he still manages to affect me.

"Are we ready to officially graduate?"

"Hell yeah." We all shout, jumping into my Blue Ford. The group consists of me, Hayden, Sapphire, Nathan and Justin.

I've gotten to know Sapphire's twin and he's not a bad guy, I've also learnt he recently got a girlfriend in a different uni to us.

"Let's graduate from this hellhole." We all nod, hugging each other as we make our way to the auditorium.

a f t e r g r a d u a t i o n

"We've officially graduated, I'm finally an independent woman."

We all look at my best friend quizzically, "Saph, you were already an independent woman."

She rolls her eyes, "You all know what I meant."

Nathan puts his hand around her shoulder laughing, "Who's up for drinks at that new club that's opened?"

Me and Hayden exchange glances before looking back at our friendship group, "You guys go ahead, we need to discuss something."

"Yeah more like do something, am I right?" Nathan snorts, earning a high five from Sapphire.

I glare at my two best friends before waving them off as they walk in the direction of the club alongside all of our other friends.

Me and Hayden walk to my car, as I let Hayden drive my blue baby, "So why do I need to come back with you to the apartment?"

"I need to ask you something."

We fall into a comfortable silence before arriving at our apartment,

What is this question Hayden is dying to ask?

"Ok Hayden, what is that you possibly want to tell me when we should be out celebrating... Oh my god." I turn around and find Hayden on one knee, a box in his hand.

This is not what I think this is.

But I've been waiting for him to do this for so fucking long.

"April Bunting, the three years that we have been dating have honestly been the best years of my life. With you, I can smile again. With you, I feel happy. I've never known what love was like until you waltzed into my life with a thud and I'm honestly so fucking thankful to this university for making you my roommate. I love you so much Babygirl and I want to continue making memories with you. Will you marry me?"

I nod, tears falling from my eyes, "Took you long enough."

He smiles a heart-stopping smile, lifting me up in the air, "I love you so much April."

"I love you too Hayden."

Through this university, I met the love of my life and sure we had our ups and downs but I'm so thankful that through it all, me and Hayden's love kept us strong. That's what true love is and I'm so happy I found mine.

T H E  E N D