Aftermath

By the time I got in the house my face was bright red and I couldn't believe that I hugged him without even really thinking. I don't think I've hugged him so casually in a while. Usually he just pats my head and gives a slight smile.

Seeing Shouta surrounded by cats was so cute. His face was so content and like it was his favorite place to be.

As I thought about it my head started to get fuzzy, leaning against the wall to keep my balance. I glance around to see if anyone was home, but it seems mom and dad left to do something or went to work overtime.

I slid down the wall as the throbbing in my head was relentless. I tried to use my quirk to transfer this pain in my head, but it was no use. This wasn't something I could get rid of. I had built up a tolerance to bones breaking, cuts across the skin, and gunshot wounds, but this was nothing like that.

In the entryway to my home, I laid on the floor curled up, holding my head in my hands, trying to rid myself of this pain. After only a few minutes my vision started going black as I passed out.

The next thing I knew I was standing, with my feet stuck, looking up at a bright white sky as the red fluid slowly made me sink into it. Even in this dream, my head was pounding and I felt like I was seeing stars. The only thing keeping me from falling forward was the black figure, touching my shoulder, standing in front of me.

Was he getting taller, or was I just sinking deeper into the red, "We'll meet again real soon." Was the last thing I heard before I shot up, now lying on the couch covered with a blanket.

My head was still pounding, but it wasn't as unbearable as before. How did I get onto the couch? I glance at the clock on the wall and it was already 7 pm.

Slowly, I stood up and saw a note on the table, 'We found you in the hall when we got home. I figured you passed out from working hard today. Mom made dinner you can reheat. It's in the fridge for you. Don't overwork yourself! -Dad' It then had a cute little drawing of him giving a thumbs up.

Every move I made seemed to be in slow motion as to not agitate my head further. As my food was reheating in the microwave I went to check my phone, seeing I had a string of texts.

"The café was nice."

"You aren't allowed to mention that to your classmates."

There was a small time gap before he sent the next message.

"I hope your lack of response means you are studying and not taking a nap."

I smiled a bit and texted him back, "Let's go back to that café again when you aren't busy and have some time."

By the time he responded I was already done eating and on my way upstairs to my room.

"Maybe if you score in the top 10 in the sports festival." His response was nothing short of what I expected from him.

Laughing hurt so I settled with a smile as I changed into something more comfortable to sleep in before gently lying in bed and looking at my phone to reply, "It's a deal."

There was no reply so I figured he is working or something. I put my phone on the charger and sighed softly as my head throbbed as I fell asleep for the night.

----------------------------

A/N- Sorry for the short chapter...I really wanted to get something out but I couldn't decide between two things to do and I really need to be getting to sleep! Ihope everyone had a happy holiday and has a wonderful New Year!