I looked up at him and then opened it, it was a list of text messages between my dad and someone.

"What is-"

"Just read it!"

I scanned the page with the messages on them.

'I'm so excited to you see tonight.'

'Me too, I'll be sure to bring the champagne.'

I read the texts, they were to a women named Danika.

'Can you try and get out of class today? I have a surprise for you ;)' said another text from my dad to her.

My pulse raced as I continued to read them.

My eyes shot up to look at Eli.

He looked increasingly mad as he held his hands in front of his face, "Keep reading..."

I looked back down at the page 'I promise nobody in my family knows about us.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, don't listen to what all of these newsstands are printing about it.'

'Okay, good. I really don't want this to end.'

'Trust me, I could  give two shits about them.'

'You promise me...you're going to leave her though? How much longer?'

I ran my hand over my face as I continued

'Yes, I'm planning on leaving her soon. Don't worry.'

'Good, I'm so excited.'

I crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it across my living room "Fuck!" I shouted out loud and stood up.

Eli sat as still as a statue on the couch.

"How could he do this to us? I mean I knew he was an ass but not this big of an ass!" I continued to yell

I began to pace back and forth, my dog Charlie looked up at me as I did.

I proceeded to cuss and yell, as I aggressively kicked over a chair near me.

Eli still said nothing.

I raked my hands through my hair, aggression coursing through my veins.

"We have to tell mom." I said staring at Eli.

"What? No! It'd kill her! We can't!" Eli said standing up yelling at me.

"Than what happens when he comes to her and says he's leaving her! What do you think will kill her more?

Having her children tell her the truth, so she can have time to process it!

Or have her fuck up of a husband come home and tell her he's leaving her for another women!" I shout as I threw my hand out to the side to make my point.

Eli said nothing, just looked at me.

"You can do what you want! But I'm telling her!" I said shoving passed him, I picked up the crumpled up piece of paper with the messages on it.

"Now?" he yelled as he followed me.

"Yes, now!" I said spinning around to face him.

"Fine. Then I'm coming with you." he said grabbing his coat off of my couch. I quickly ran up the steps and changed into some clothes and it wasn't long until we headed towards the elevator.

I balled my hands up in fists as we rode the elevator down to the parking garage.

~*~

Thirty minutes later we pulled into the driveway of our parents house, I didn't even want to call him my father anymore.