22: Not What Was Expected

{Chapter Under Edition} ~Dream Catcher  

(A/N. I know the image is not from the movies but I had to put that haha hope you enjoy it!)

This day has been sooo boring.

Worse than History class with teacher Rodney. That man can barely remember his own name.

All day long we've been waiting for something to happen but it seems the Decepticon's base is having the same activity as the Antarctic.

Even the cons at the entrance are gone.

We've been waiting for something to happen but everything seems to be... okay?

I'm so bored I've started to count the leaves of the mangroves. I'm in 134 and counting.

Ironhide has been checking his cannons over and over again, I've even checked his cannons myself, and Bee has just been here, doing the same as all: almost nothing.

"135... 136... 137..."

"Weren't you already in 200?" Hide asks.

"No, I.... I don't know..." I sigh. "I'll just start again..." I growl and take my hand to my communicator. "Hey guys, have you got something?" I ask.

"No Caelyn, everything is the same, you asked just three minutes ago" Ratchet says, noticeably irritated.

I growl again.

"Wait I see something moving..." Jazz says. We all stand up and prepare our weapons. I hear through my communicator that the others are moving too. "wait...." we all stand there. "forget it, it was just a rat"

We growl and sit heavily.

"Caelyn" Optimus says. "I guess this is a good time to talk about the Investigation"

Damn! How could I forget something so important?! I hit my head.

"How could I forgot it?!"

"What is it?"Jazz asks.

"They... they're going to be like you..." I say.

"Be like us? what do you mean?" Hide asks.

"I mean.. they're kinda... 'dress' like you..."

"They're turning into our car disguises?" Jazz asks.

"This is unbelievable!" Ratchet complains. "and how are they gonna do it?!"

"I don't know, they just are!"

"Anything else?" Hide asks.

"There's nothing about recognising human-Decepticons but.. let me see if there's something else" I take my backpack and look at it's inside, I take the second part and pass the pages. "Weapons... weapons... more weapons..."

Suddenly I get to the last page and that page is ripped out. Except for the upper part... what?

"What?" Jazz asks as I stay silent.

'The Fallen Experiments'

"The Fallen Experiments..."

"What?" Jazz asks again

"That's what it says here"

Hide gets closer to me to read.

"The page is ripped off" he says.

"But... who ripped it?"

"The Decepticons perhaps?" Ratchet says in a 'isn't it obvious?' tone.

"But why would they?" Jazz asks. I stare at nothing and try to think.

"Why don't we just go in there again?" I ask. "Maybe there will be something" Bee turns to me and shakes his head.

"You think you could do that?" Optimus asks.

Bee opens his arms in a 'really?!' way.

"I've been there once, why not twice?"

"Wait, Caelyn has been there, if we go back aren't they going to be waiting her?" Ratchet asks.

"And if one of you comes? they might not expect that?" I say. Bee rises his hand like a little kid as he chirps and buzzes.

"Bumblebee" Optimus starts. "Protect her"

"That's my job"

)././.(

I slowly open the door. Bee steps inside first as he looks around. He nods, telling me everything is alright. I walk in and get in front of him.

"Stay here" I whisper. He gives a step and says 'no' with his finger. I place a finger on my lips. "I'll just check out..."

I turn and walk to another room. I take my head out of the corner to see...

Nothing.

There's nothing new here. Everything is the same but with no Decepticons. I run through the room to get to the place where they had the Investigation.

Again, everything is like if cons were never there.

"There's nothing here" I say out loud. I hear Bee's steps as he gets at my side. He looks around and puts his cannon out. "it's like they disappeared" I say through the communicator.

"Disappeared? That's impossible!" Ratchet says.

"Well, they surely are not here" I say. Bee makes that sound in an approving tone.

"Maybe they used a ground or space bridge..." Jazz says.

"What? That's even crazier!" Ratchet again.

"Sorry, what are we talking about?" I ask.

"A ground bridge is like a portal... a teleporter, as you would call it" Optimus explains. "If it's a ground bridge it can take you somewhere in the ground, as the name says so, and a space bridge can take you to the outer space..."

"And why is the idea so fetched?" I ask.

"They couldn't have built one so fast!" Ratchet says.

"And what if it was already here?" I ask, shrugging. Everyone stays silent and Bee looks at me. "what?"

"What do you mean?" Hide asks.

"I mean, maybe this was an old base, Decepticons have been on Earth for a while so, what if this was abandoned and now they took it again?" I say. "That would also explain the weapons and giant stuff in here"

Everyone stays silent.

Suddenly I hear Bee calling me (obviously no words) from another room. When did he move?

I go to his side and my jaw drops.

"She's right" Bee says.

In front of us, there's a giant circular metal structure. Even Optimus could fit in. At it's sides there are some big panels and computers but everything seems to be shut down.

"They ran away through this?" I say. Ratchet talks after me.

"But the real question is... Where?"