- 35 -

my phone buzzed sometime past midnight. i knew i had to sleep early so i could wake up early to do the last minute shopping for the party. apparently, the whole world was going to come. I unlocked my phone, and froze as soon as I saw that it was a text message from you.

hyojong
| sol, are you awake? can you step out for a sec? |

"out where?"

hyojong
| out of your house... I'm waiting outside. |

my eyes widened. what on earth was happening. you of all people texted me at around two in the morning saying that you're out of my house waiting for me.

I jumped out of bed and ran for the door. I slowly opened the door and was greeted by cold winds. you weren't there.

I slipped on my shoes and walked out of the house. I scanned the area ahead of me but you were no where in sight. and just as I was about to turn, I caught your figure standing under the street lamp, leaning against the post.

the locks of hair that were covering your forehead looked golden under the street lights. and for the first time, you were dressed warmly in a huge brown coat with a fur hoodie.

you glanced at your phone before looking my way.

I held my breath as I saw you taking slow steps towards me. I couldn't stop admiring your every graceful move as you got closer. I was expecting you to stop a few steps infront of me, but that didn't happen. instead, you kept getting closer until there was no distance separating us. and right then, you wrapped your arms around me, burying your face in my messy hair.

you weren't drunk and you didn't reek of alcohol, yet you still hugged me. that didn't make sense. it was too much for me to handle. I let out the breath that I was holding, and slowly moved my arms to hug you. before I could hold you back, you pulled away and stared at me.

no. I wasn't okay with that. you always did what you pleased and disappeared right after. with anger and desire clouding my mind, I threw my arms around your neck and pulled you close. you immediately hugged me back. the way your arms were wrapped around my waist made me feel like I was someone in your life, it made me feel like you valued me even if it was only an ounce.

the hug didn't last long. I pulled away after a couple of seconds. my whole body felt weak and your scent that was still lingering in my nose didn't make it any easier.

"why are you here?" I asked.

you replied with a full smile, flashing your perfectly aligned teeth.

that wasn't you hyojong. the hyojong I knew doesn't smile like that anymore. were you really sober?

"hyojong, what did you smoke?"

"what- nothing." you furrowed your eyebrows, confusion drawn all over your face.

"you sure?"

you nodded in response.

"did you drink something then?"

at that, you rolled your eyes. now that was something I had never seen before.

"I actually came here to drink something."

confused, I asked what it could be that you came all the way to my place past midnight to drink.

"water."

-

-

[a/n: guys, there will
be one more chapter after
this one.

I don't know what
to say right now. my god,
thank you so much for all the
love and support. ]