Chapter Six

Liam's POV:

Liam's POV:

Today is Luna and I's Sixth anniversary. I promised her a date. It really isn't a date it's more like "I am going to tell her I want a divorce" type of date. I smile. By the end of day tomorrow I will be free. I already have the divorce papers ready.

I walk out of my office to my car. My phone starts to ring. It's Rosie. I answer. She is crying telling me she needs me. I tell I'll be right over. I drive quickly to her apartment.
When I get there she is crying on the sofa. "Baby are you okay?" She looks up and hands me some papers. I glance over it. It's a pregnancy test. And it's positive. The biggest smile appears on my face. "We are going to be parents!" I hug her tightly and place my hand on her stomach. "How far along?" She smiles "three months." The memory of when Luna told me she was pregnant appears in my head.

Flashback:

I had just got home from, work. I throw my tie on the couch, and start to look for Luna. I walk into our bedroom to see Luna staring out the window. She turns around and hands me a paper. "Pregnancy test results." She smiles brightly. I open them. "Positive." She jumps into my arms. Tears start to form. "I am going to be a dad." She nods. I put her down. She stares at me with a smile. I pull her into a kiss. I pull away and kneel in front of her. "I promise to be the best father, I'll never let anyone hurt you, and I'll always be next to you." I kiss her stomach. That night we sat on the roof of our house as we talked about our future, just like when we were kids.

End of flashback:

  I shake my head. This is my future. Here beside my future wife and kid. After the news We made love. And I lost track of the time. I looked at the clock. Shit it's 3:40 am. I grab all my clothes. I tell Rosie that I need to leave. She mumbles "okay". I put on my clothes, and head to the car. I quickly drive off. I arrive at the mansion. I get out of the car and make my way to the front door. I open it slowly. Luna is sitting on the stairs in a red dress drinking wine. Tears stained her face.
We stare at each other and after a few minutes she breaks the silence by saying.
"I am glad you had fun on our anniversary." She stands up and i walk closer to her. Does she know? "What do you mean." I ask her stupidly. Her eyes filled with hate and betrayal. "What i mean is that i know you have a mistress, I know you are engaged to her I've known since the beginning." I stay quiet. "You don't know how much it hurts to see the person you fell in love with fall for someone else." I stay quiet, how could I hurt her this much. "I do love you." I mumble, but I can't bring myself to say it louder because I am not really sure if it's true. "No you don't because if you did I would have been enough our daughter Mila would have been enough," she starts to cry it breaks my heart, but why it's not like I care about her, right? "Was I not enough?" She chokes that sentence out. I want to hug her and tell she was, but my feelings for her went away.

"You were, but I just i don't know," i say quietly. "Does Mila know about my affair?" She nods. "She was awake every time you brought her here," she wipes her tears away. I feel defeated as I hear that my princess as seen me bring another women to the house in my arms, when in her eyes it's suppose to be Luna in my arms. I imagine Mila watching as rosie and I walk in the house, until we disappeared into my bedroom. Then she would close her doors and silently cry herself to sleep. My heart starts to hurt, I had promised Mila I wouldn't let anyone hurt her, but in the end I broke that promise because I was the one that hurt her the most. "Liam....I just want a divorce," She says quietly. "Okay." She shakes her head in defeat. I should be happy right because now I am going to be free, but I am not happy. "I don't think I can be here any second longer," She looks me In the eyes it breaks a little part of me to hear her say that. "I'll be gone by morning, I already found a house in Cali for Mila and I." I nod she is moving to the other side of the country. "I'll miss you." Is that last thing she says. I can't bring myself to say it back. She retreats herself, and walks slowly into her bedroom, leaving me, lost in my thoughts.

The next day I wake up early. Today is the day I am finally freed. Mila and her mother walk down the steps. They both look at me. She tells me I can visit Mila whenever I want. Mila suddenly runs to me I hug her tightly. "I love you daddy." I hug her tighter. "Love you too." Mila then runs back to her mother. Luna starts to talk. "The divorce papers are on the kitchen table, I already signed them." I quietly say "okay." And with that they have left. Maria went with them. I watch them from the window of the bedroom that once belonged to us, until the car is out sight. I go downstairs and sign the papers. I call Rosie to tell her I am free. A piece inside me is sad, but I ignore it. I am finally free...