chapter 9

fun fact when sarah's writing her chapters sometimes i'll leave little comments in bold

also can we talk about how possessive luke is (even though we wrote him this way lol) like dude aubrey's a human not a potted plant

also i say fuck too much here lawd

Luke's mind was burning with the image of Aubrey kissing Calum. His Aubrey. He had to tell someone.

Luke only had a small handful of friends: Mikey, Ash, and Aubrey. There was only so many people he could tell.

If only Ashton was in his sixth period Chemistry class. Then he could tell him that his sister was going out with a junkie (or druggie. Luke didn't know the proper term to use). Ashton would flip shit.

But Michael was. Luke knew how much Michael despised Calum. And thankfully, the two were lab partners.

Their teacher wasn't very observant. She was more focused on secretly reading Harry Potter fanfiction on the computer (Luke had once caught her reading a Sirius x Dumbledore one when he went up to ask her about a chemical equation. He didn't know why she liked it. Fanfiction confused him), so Michael and Luke could basically talk all they wanted and not get in trouble.

"Hey." He said to Michael while pouring a bluish liquid into a test tube. He hadn't a clue what it was. Michael did all the work - and he was fine with that - he was a secret science nerd. (aW that'd be adorable c'mon)

"What?" Michael snapped. Luke's comments were often dumb and irrelevant. Michael tried very hard in this class to cover both his and Luke's grade, and any distraction was simply annoying.

Luke's voice dropped to a whisper. "Didja know Calum's in therapy for a drug addiction?"

Michael nearly knocked over blue dye in his hands. "Excuse me, but what the fuck did you just say?"

"I saw an addiction pamphlet in his bass case." Luke lied. Michael put the test tube back in it's holder and ran his fingers through his thin, electric green hair. "Dude, we have to tell Ash."

Luke fist-bumped himself in his head. The plan he had just concocted was going awesome (plan: tell Mikey, who would Ash who would probably tell Aubrey then Aubrey would dump his ass and come running to Luke).

"Want me to do it?" Michael asked, taking a pipette, sucking dye up from the test tube, and mixing it with a swabbed sample of his spit (yes this is an actual seventh grade experiment i don't know what high schoolers do in chem sry).

"Sure." Luke replied. "I'm just concerned for Aubrey. He could get her into deep shit."

Michael nodded absentmindedly, pushing the side under the microscope and handing Luke a small wooden stick. "Now, you. Swab."

~

"Seriously?"

Ashton felt like he had just been punched in the stomach. Or the nuts. He wasn't sure which one hurt worse.

"Luke saw a pamphlet for a drug addiction in his bass case." Michael said. It was the end of the day, and they were on the bus ride home. Luke had already gotten off. Aubrey was up front with Calum, chatting and laughing and stealing kisses. It made him happy to see her happy and he thought Calum was a pretty good guy. Shit.

"Are you gonna do anything?" Michael pressed. He wanted Calum out of the band.

Ashton knew not to listen to rumors. His mum had raised him better than that. "Not until I know enough information. He could be in recovery. I'll text him tonight. I don't want Aubrey knowing unless I have it confirmed by Calum himself."

This was the first time Michael considered this, and he sat, dumbfounded, as the bus rattled of to his stop.

When Ashton got home, he ran up to his room, not bothering to yanking off his boots at the front and bother Aubrey by taking a long time, like he usually did.

ash: um reg

reg: yeah

ash: um I think Aubrey's new boyfriend might have a drug problem ¿ ?

reg: wAT TSNDKS FCWBJDNDUK

Ashton filled her in it, texting furiously.

ash: but you can't tell her.

ash: i'm not entirely sure on this and I don't aub to be hurt by a rumor :((((

reg: ur a sweetie

ash: :)

Ashton left the conversation to start a new message

ashton: hey man

ooh suspense

imma leave it to sarah to write lOL

xx erin