Chapter 47

I rush through the front door of the apartment. "Did you get my milk?" Stephanie asks. Her eyes are glued to the t.v. screen. When she doesn't get a response from me she looks over and her eyes widen. "Why are you crying?" She asks. She runs from the couch and embraces me. "They were together." I tell her. I wipe the tears away. I don't want to be crying over this. "Who?" She asks. "Samuel and Brittany. They were together at the Dollar General." I tell her. We walk over to the couch.

"Wow. I can't believe this mess." Stephanie shakes her head. I sigh and try my best to suck up the tears. "They were together for a long time..."I tell her. "Who cares? Your sister is a wench!!" Stephanie continues to shake her head in disbelief. I don't have anything good to say about Brittany in her defense. "He's obviously forgiven her..." I shake my head. It's hard for me to believe this myself. 

"Well, he's stupid." Stephanie tells me. She tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. I laugh through my tears. "You're the best, Stephanie." She smiles. "I know." That makes me laugh again. "They are both stupid. Therefore, they deserve each-other." Stephanie tells me. I lay my head down on her shoulder and sigh. My tears are starting to dry up some.

Stephanie pats my head. "It's all going to be okay. You just wait and see." I take a deep breath. "I guess you're right, but in the meantime, can we watch The Notebook?" I ask. She rolls her eyes and smiles at me. "Will that make you feel better?" She asks. "Extremely." I tell her. "Well then, of course, we can watch The Notebook." She runs to her room to get the DVD. I know she owns it because we are both avid Nicholas Sparks fans.

Thirty minutes into The Notebook I'm feeling a lot better, but I still don't know how I'm supposed to forget about all of this mess. I know I can't forget, but I really want to. I wish I could just turn back time.