I carefully put the angel costume in its bag before opening the other costume bag. I pull out a floor length white dress with gold trim. I slip into the cold fabric and pull out the other parts of the costume. There's a gold flower crown and some bangles. I add those finishing touches before going out to see Fiona. She gives me a small smile as I examine myself in the mirror.

"Angel," We both say at the same time and then start laughing like idiots.

I walk back to the dressing room and change back into my normal clothes. I grab the angel costume and all of its pieces before leaving the dressing room. Fiona and I walk towards the cash register and I pull out my money. I drop the crumpled bills on the counter. The person counts it and then hands me my change. The receipt prints and then we're out the door. We speed walk to Fiona's car and slip inside.

"Successful shopping trip?" Fiona asks as she pulls onto the main road.

"Totally; thanks so much for coming," I gush as she makes another turn.

"You're welcome; that party will be so much, especially since Mr. Dreamboat will be there..." Fiona wiggles her eyebrows in a suggestive way.

"Very funny," I screw up my features at her and then we both start laughing again.

We drive for a few more minutes before she pulls up in front of my house.

"I'll see you Monday, Becks..." Fiona shouts as I walk up to my front door.

I unlock the door and then wave to her before slipping inside. The house is empty which can only mean that my family has already begun their Halloween festivities.

I go to the kitchen and pour the bags of Halloween candy that my parents bought into huge bowls before carting all my stuff upstairs. I drop my bag on my bed and go to the bathroom for hair and makeup. I plug in my straightening iron while I put on my makeup. I pull up one of my makeup tutorials on my phone and begin.

I put on a soft brown shade of eye shadow and then line my eyes thinly with a black pencil. I apply inky black mascara to my already thick lashes and then polish off my look with pink lip gloss. By now my straightening iron is hot so I begin to run it over my curls.

~~~~~

My completely straight hair falls down almost to my waist and flies up a little as I walk. I slip into my costume and check my reflection in the mirror. I look angelic. My hair is soft and my makeup is nice, not intimidating or dark, just soft and heavenly.

I put a small waterfall braid on either side of my head and pin them where they meet in the back of my head to make my appearance even more innocent. My mom's silver heels are still in my closet from the last time I borrowed them and they look like they'll complete my costume perfectly. I slip them on and admire my handy work some more. I bite my lip a little and place my hand on my hip. My pulse quickens and I place my hand on my nearby desk. I take in deep breaths and close my eyes.

"I can't do this; I'm not a party girl..." I think as I try to catch my breath. "I'm not cut out for this..." I open my eyes and place my hand over my heart. "I know what happens at these parties and I don't want that to happen to me...Why am I even doing this?" I ask myself as I hear the doorbell ring.

I run downstairs and look out the peephole; my reason for going to this party is standing right out on my front porch.

"The only reason I'm doing this is Oliver and that should be enough...He'll take care of me..." I try to reassure myself and then my hand turns the door knob.

Oliver's jaw drops the minute he sees me and I can feel myself blushing.

"You look gorgeous," Oliver's facial expression is still surprised as he steps across my threshold.