Chapter 19 - Parker

Four updates in the span of like a week...what is happening??

***

Parker

**❤**

"Seraphina, you're being awfully quiet." Gabriel said, sending me a weird look. "You usually can't wait to scream loud enough when you get ice cream, and now that you have it you haven't even eaten a spoon."

I was lost, in a world pool of thoughts. Not even ice cream could help me overcome what I was feeling. I felt this overwhelming guilt for not telling Gabriel anything. I should have told him, and I really wanted to. The words were stuck on my tongue but not being able to come out. If he knew what had happened he wouldn't hesitate to kick Logan right out of our lives. I knew that Logan wouldn't be satisfied with that, he said it himself, so I stayed quiet. And I felt absolutely pathetic.

"What's distracting you, Sera? Talk to me." Gabriel said again. We were sitting in an ice cream parlor after Gabriel had noticed how fidgety and silent I was being for the past three days now. This was my favorite place in the world, knowing I could have an endless supply of ice cream, courtesy to my dad's bank accounts. It was a cute shop with a lime and pink theme. I always bought the chocolate or vanilla ice cream and topped it with all kinds of sweets. However, out of all my sixteen nearly seventeen years alive I have never once bought me ice cream and abandoned it on the table. I usually dug right into it. I felt shivery on the inside, absolutely afraid of Logan's words.

I felt like he had some sort of hold over me, enabling me from retaliating to his actions. It was absolutely frustrating. The old me would have told my parents and brothers a long time ago. Whenever I felt remotely in danger I would run to them immediately.

"Seraphina." Gabriel sighed. He reached out and took my hands in his. "If anyone is bothering you, you know that you can tell me. I will deal with the asshole immediately. Is it that boy that you like? Do you want me to beat him up for you?" He asked seriously. I only seemed to register now that he was talking to me.

I smiled, grateful for his concern. "It's nothing, I was just thinking of this movie that I watched. It ended really badly, and I was crying my eyes out." I lied.

"Seriously? That's why you're ignoring me." He rose his brows in question.

"I'm not ignoring you." I chuckled.

"Yes you are," he whined. "We've been sitting here for almost a hour. I bought you your favourite ice cream and you're still not talking. I used to say that you talk too much but when you don't talk at all it's just weird."

"You're weird." I frowned.

"Not as weird as you."

"You're a meanie."

"You're an idiot."

"And you're a big bafoon." I stuck my tongue out.

"Oh really? And you're like a fly, little and pesky and you can never get rid of them."

"Hey!" I protested. I finally decided to pick up my spoon and scoop some ice cream into my mouth. I sighed immediately. This was what I needed.

"Finally, your damn ice cream was on the verge of becoming a milkshake."

"Quite the observation, brother dearest." I giggled.

"Wait, so he's your brother and not your date? Thank god." I jumped in fright when I heard a new and unfamiliar voice come from besides our booth.

I turned my head to find a beautiful blonde haired boy standing besides us. I immediately puckered up and wiped my mouth to ensure that I didn't have a chocolate mustache. My lips raised up into a confused and shy smile, wondering what he was doing here.