"Look." I begin as I place my container of food back into my bag. "She's a superstar DJ. She'll talk to you for now, maybe about a month or two, but the thing about a superstar is, they will only continue to grow in fame and popularity. She'll move on with her super cool, fantastic and easy ass life, and you'll be here, wishing for some fantasy friendship that she seems to want to give you. And then one day you won't hear from her anymore. It'll be like she dropped off the face of the Earth, except you'll see her, in the tabloids, magazines, TMZ. She just won't be worried about some silly friendship that you thought you had. I don't won't you getting your hopes up with becoming Lauren Jauregui's bestfriend." I place a hand on her forearm.

"She'll forget about you one day, and that's another reason why I try to steer clear of super hot famous people. Bad news my friend. Besides, you have me. I'll take you out for ice cream after school and we won't get pummeled by the paps. Sound nice?" I giggle. She simply nods and chuckles along,

"I still think you're wrong!" She yells as I walk towards the cafeteria doors. I look back and put on a smirk.

"Whatever floats your boat." I call back. "Now hurry up or we'll be late for History dork!" I yell again.

*****
" I'm so freaking hungry." Dinah groans as we get into her car.

"Oh ya don't say?" I ask in false surprise. I cross my arms before placing a hand on my temple and shaking it from side to side. "Wow...you'd think that all the amount of air you ate at lunch would really have kept you full." I furrow my eyebrows.

She pushes my shoulder so that my right arm slams violently into the car door.

"You're an ass." I grab my hurt arm.

"Yeah well you're a smart ass so join the club." She retorts as she starts up her engine. I pull out my phone after I fasten my seatbelt. I scroll through my tumblr dashboard and reblog a few things.

"Finally texting Lauren back?" Dinah giggles. I roll my eyes and ignore her comment.

"Ya know...she asked why you were ignoring her." She continues as she turns out of the school parking lot. "Oh and you LIAR!" She yells, breaking me out of my current activity and turning to her with a startled expression. "You read all her messages, you just decided not to respond." She shakes her head in disappointment.

"Okay fine whatever." I put both of my hands in the air and wiggle my fingers around. "Ya caught me. You happy now?" I huff.

"What'd she say? At least tell me that." Dinah pleads. I sigh again and close out of my tumblr app and go to my messages. Surely if I tell her what she sent she'll leave me alone...right? I sigh as I open my messenger and look at the texts from the unknown number which I haven't saved, belonging to the professional singer.

"Uh...Hi Camila, its Lauren, how have you been?"

"Wait no, that was a stupid question, I said that as if we haven't seen each other in months so let me rephrase that..."

"How are you doing today?"

"Or...maybe you're not doing well since you're not replying?"

"Dmac says you're fine. That's good to know, guess ya just not in the texting mood?"

"Okay...im being weird, I'll stop texting you now." I read the messages aloud to a now very amused Dinah in the driver's seat.

"Okay..." She starts off. She stifles a giggle as much as possible before turning her head to look at me as we come to a stoplight.

"You can say how much you don't like her...but oh boy, does she have a thing for you." Dinah exclaims. "That was cute, she was obviously nervous. Could you put her out of her misery and text her back please?" She asks.

"What makes you think she's so into me. I bet she hit you with the same thing." I roll my eyes.

"Oh no my friend, quite the opposite...here." She takes her phone out of her pocket and throws it at me lightly before driving again, the light having turned green.

"Go to my messages and see for yourself." She chuckles.

I slowly pick up her phone that landed in my lap as I eye her defensively, still less than amused with this current situation. I unlock the device and search through her messages and read them silently to myself.

Dmac! Howdy there! I just got some time after rehearsals to chitty chat so how you beeeeenz?

Lo! Whats up popstar, rehearsals huh? Sounds exhausting my gah! I'm great! Eating lunch with Mila here. (Attached photo)

"Dinah what the hell?! You took an off guard of me?" I yell as I pinch her arm.

"Hey don't hurt the driver." She flinches. "Keep reading." She edges me.

"Ugh." I roll my eyes and return my attention back to her phone.

Yes 😩 terribly exhausting & Aw she's a little cutie ;) (don't tell her I said that though) :$

I raise my eyebrows at the last part of that text and move my eyes to the left quickly to see a smirking Dinah, whose looking straight ahead but obviously aware of the whole text conversation between her and Lauren.

Hmmmm...am I sensing a crush forming hurrr? 👀

Me? Crushing? Whaaaaaat? ...maybe 😶

I feel a blush making its way onto my cheeks as I fight off a smile.

OMG YAS. L dawg. 😏

Tell her nothing of this! I'm trying to work my game...

My lips be sealed pero like zippo...but I hope your game works...Mila's a tough nut to crack 😒

I furrow my eyebrows and take a second to glare at my best friend before I look back to the screen.

Noted...that explains why she isnt answering me. Like literally she's reading my messages and not responding...hard to get?

THATS WHAT IM SAYIN DAWG.

Don't worry though, I'm not giving up that easy...well I might have to jump off a cliff because I just embarrassed myself through text with her...but minor setback is all.

Ur cute for that. You guys need to date. You heard it here first. I ships it.

Yay! Well I'll text you later Dmac, I have soundcheck. 👋👋👋

I lock Dinah's phone and take a deep breath.

She likes me? Crushing? On me? Holy shit...

We just met, why the hell would she have a crush on me. I almost made it pretty clear that I don't like her or her music, or at least I've tried to. I guess its clear that I find her attractive...beautiful even. I'm just not interested, I mean I make it seem that way at least, so why would she even look my way?

"So you gonna text her back and tell her you like her too or...?" Dinah interrupts my thoughts.

"How about the fact that you just told me that she has a crush on me when she asked you not to?" I raise an eyebrow trying to get the focus off of me.

"I didn't tell you...I showed you, I said nothing...so to me, you still don't even know." She shrugs nonchalantly. "Now back to my question..." She ponders. I just shake my head in response, looking out the window.

"I saw you blush Chancho. I don't know what for...but I saw it. And I saw it a lot that night we met Lauren. Just talk to her..." She says sincerely. I sigh deeply and turn to her.

"Fine..." She starts to squeal. "...BUT I am not going to go all goo goo ga ga-"

"Oh we'll see..." She chuckles.
-----------------------------------------------------
A/N: My first day of Senior year started today and I am beyond exhausted...never take AP Computer Science guys..😩 I just can't wait til my birthday on Wednesday. 😏