Chapter 31 | Before I Lose A Friend

C H A P T E R  31

C H A P T E R 31

To my surprise Ash was excited to come over and spend the day with me when I asked him to. It's been so long I needed the company from my best friend once again. I was also tempted to ask him if he hates me. And as much as Gavin begged me to let him stay and hang out with Ash and I, I knew Ash wouldn't be comfortable hanging out with him.

Gavin is also spending the day with his friends, I only hope Georgia would find some new friends too instead of pestering Gavin all the time. He mentioned to me that she's tried contacting him multiple times, I will lose it if she tries to lay a finger on him.

"Hey." Ash pulls me into a hug.

"Hey, long time no see?" I laugh before dragging him up to my room. I close the door behind me once we enter. "I've picked out multiple movies to watch what should we start with?"

Ash scratches his head and looks down. "Actually I can't stay very long."

I frown. "You can't? Why not?"

"I promised a few guys from the team that I'd hang out with them tonight." He tells me.

I take a seat on my bed, maybe he really does hate me. "This isn't about Gavin right? You love watching movies and you hate going out."

"Yeah well some people change." He mumbles but I hear him perfectly I can't help but know he's referring to me. "And no this isn't about Gavin."

"Well you've suddenly disappeared and now you're hanging out with the football team?" I say.

"That reminds me, a guy on the team told me they caught you last night with Gavin at Shadow Lake, cmon Alex I thought you knew better than to go skinny dipping in some lake with a guy you barely even know?"

"I wasn't skinny dipping." I defend crossing my arms over my chest. "I thought you'd be happy for me?"

"Happy for you? I'm scared for you and I'm not gonna stand here and watch you ruin your life over some guy, he doesn't care about you all he cares about is getting into your pants and once he does he'll leave and you'll be the one left hurting." Ash groans and starts paces around my room. "I know how this ends I've seen it happen."

"You don't know him and I mean the real him." I say holding back my tears. Ash's honesty hurt.

"Really your still on his side? Where's my best friend because she would have left the second Gavin told everyone about babysitting you, he humiliated you."

"No that girl would listen to what everyone else had to say without having a voice of her own she was locked inside this house like a prisoner and she was miserable. I'm done acting like I can't live with cancer because I can and I will." I let out. "Gavin makes me happy and he likes me for who I am and if you can't see that then you should leave."