Parallel World

Nandani opened her eyes and saw herself lying on the bed, but for adding some extra effects she was lying in her own room!

Who was he?

Where did he go?

Her phone buzzed.

*Navya :- Come down fast!  We  are waiting! *

Waiting!  Who's waiting?

Anyway I shall go else she'll eat me up.

- - -

" Are you sure?  I mean keeping her in the parallel world would invite problems! "

" Problems as in? "

" Manik!  He would definitely find her and if he gets to know about all this then he'd come here and then you can imagine. He's still holding the powers in his hand"

" He wouldn't find about this place until Nandani feels insecure, as in we need to keep her happy and make her feel that she is in ' The Real World' then we have to wait for the perfect moment and then finish off this ritual and then crown ourselves "

" But still it's risky! Wouldn't anyone search for her? "

" I've sent Aliya there. She'd transform herself into Nandani and then you know she has an expertise in making people fall for her. I know it's a bit risky but we have to take this risk. "

" Hey, she is coming. Transform! "

- - -

Nandani descends down the stairs. She saw Navya and Abhimanyu sitting on the couch.

" Hey! Navya. And Abhimanyu what a pleasant surprise! "

Abhimanyu smiled and said, " See, Nandani due to the bad weather conditions the government had announced red alert in the city. "

" What! The weather was perfectly fine yesterday and now... "

" Yeah!  But weather is so unpredictable these days!"

" I think we shall not step out of the house till the weather is fine. "

" But I had some work"

" Health comes before wealth "

" Okay, fine. "

- - -

" Nandani is at her home ",said Cabir.

" Fine. Ask our men to keep a tap on her. "

" Yeah! "

" I want to meet Nandani. "

" Will you be able to control yourself from drinking from her? "

Manik stares Cabir and said, " I'll try. "

" What do you mean that you'll try? "

" You know my lust for blood and I haven't sucked blood since 3 days and my eyes have became pale. I need to drink "

" You can't do this to her.  I mean she might be weak. She had traded her powers for soul and that would definitely have affected her immunity. I know how difficult it is to control ourselves from drinking the fresh blood and that too from your mate but we can't risk her life. She is no more a vampire, she's a human now!"

" But I need blood! "

" Let's go for blood expedition then. Com'on you can do this for her, for your love!"

" F**k this love!  I don't love her. "

" For how long will you lie to yourself? "

" I am not lying "

" It's written on your face that you love her. You still have feelings for her. "

" I have only one feeling and that's anger!"

" Even anger is the shade of love! "

" Anger is not a shade of love. "

" It is. Infact, anger, jealousy, possessiveness and every damn emotion signifies love for something or the other. "

Manik was looking at the floor in a pensive mood.

" If you still want to risk her life for your bloody thirst then go on I won't stop you. "

- - -

Nandani was in her study room.

How strange!  Yesterday the weather was perfectly fine. Now what happened to it. I am feeling so cold and that too in summer. Since yesterday all strange things are happening. First my hands stained with blood then that nightmare in which I saw a man who broke into my room and now this weather. 

God!  What's all this? Why am I having jitters?

- - -

Manik was sitting in the terrace  gazing at the stars.

Why Nandani?  Why? 

Why you did this to me?

  Why have you traded your powers for soul? 

Are you like them,those people who fake their concern for me?

Don't I deserve any happiness?

Why everything happens to me?

  Why am I alive?

  Why can't I just die ?

Who asked them to sacrifice their life just to make me immortal? 

They've made a living hell for me where I am killed day by day, bit by but but still I can't die!

I thought you care for me but no, you are just the same.

I thought you to be my star but no you pushed me into darkness.

Where did your fireflies went then?

Why didn't they glow?