Chapter Fifteen

"I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something familiar about him

"I can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something familiar about him. As if I've met him before."

28 August 1960

28 August 1960

"Professor Dumbledore, please meet my son, Malcolm."

Minerva's hands itched to clutch at the folds of her robes, and she stilled them by force of will.

She half expected Albus to cry out in shock, but he simply said, "Malcolm, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's an honour to meet you, sir," Malcolm replied. "Thank you for allowing me to come to Hogwarts."

"I was happy to do it. I used to chide your mother for keeping you hidden from us all this time. Some of us had begun to suspect you had two heads." Albus smiled at Malcolm beneficently as Minerva felt the trickle of perspiration that had beaded between her breasts.

Malcolm's shy smile widened into a grin. "No, sir. Just the one, I'm afraid."

"And a good one it is, too, if what I hear from Headmistress Charpentier is accurate." Albus looked over at Minerva with a wink.

"Oh, Albus," she said to cover the way her heart was pounding. "Don't flatter him, or his one head will grow as big as one of Hagrid's pumpkins."

"I hope you're settling in well, Malcolm," Albus said, ignoring his new deputy's jibe.

"Quite well, sir, thank you. Hogwarts is truly spectacular."

"Indeed, it is lovely. Although I expect you'll find the climate somewhat different from that of Provence. I'm afraid sunshine can be in rather short supply during the winter," said Albus.

"I'll look forward to the change, then, sir."

"Good lad. Now, we do need to get one piece of business out of the way before I let you go off to explore the wonders of Honeydukes Sweet Shop."

He crossed his office to a high bookshelf and removed the Sorting Hat from its perch. "We need to get you properly sorted into a House."

Malcolm looked nervous. "Mum's told me about that," he said. "The hat looks into you and decides which House you're best suited to, is that right?"