Chapter 25: Be a Hero

~Revised 02/03/24~

Within the span of two seconds, the principles of space and time warped as Shoto, Katsuki, and [Y/n] witnessed themselves tear apart from each other in slow motion: 

[Y/n]'s and Todoroki's hands slipping from each other; 

[Y/n] getting sucked into the villain's vortex and disappearing.

The darkness that engulfed her was so deep the only sensation palpable was her heartbeats hammering against the inside of her ribcage. Like a tide engulfing a shoreline, it consumed her all at once and then just as fast as it occurred, it vanished, receding back into the villain.

[Y/n] let out an involuntary scream as her vision suddenly cleared from complete darkness to a dirt-covered ground. Instinctually, she crossed her arms over her head and began to glow, almost milliseconds before her body collided with the hard ground, kicking up dirt around her.

What the fuck, where am I?

The (h/c) haired girl opened her eyes, only to see multiple legs surrounding her glowing body, none of which looked like any of her classmates.

Quickly scrambling to her feet, [Y/n] held out her fists in a fighting stance. She darted left and right, cautiously looking around at her situation. She found herself at the bottom of the platform's stairs, surrounded by an overwhelming crowd of villains.

Wasn't I just with the entire class? Am I alone?

"[L/n]?!"

Said girl turned on a dime toward the voice to see her teacher, Mr. Aizawa staring at her through his goggles only a few feet away.

He yanked his cloth down, bringing with it four unconscious thugs and a loud crack as their bodies collided with the ground.

"What are you doing here?! Did I not tell you to-" Mr. Aizawa's speech was interrupted as he punched an approaching thug in the face, sending them flying back several feet "-stay and escape with the rest of the class?!" He turned back to look at the frightened girl. His voice was stern and serious. "Where is the rest of the class?!"

[Y/n]'s heart pounded harshly in her chest, making it increasingly hard to breathe. Her eyes darted back and forth, bouncing between villains, looking for any trace of Todoroki or Izuku, or ANYONE from her class. The adrenaline and blood pumped faster through her veins as she became more aware of how alone she was. Every step the thugs made towards her she could hear with perfect precision.

"I-I don't know! We were scattered across the building by one of the villain's quirks! I-I think I'm the only one here." She finally spoke, earning the concerned attention of her teacher. 

Rage boiled inside of her at the thought of her friends alone and in danger like herself.

Aizawa's expression was impossible to read as it remained as solid as a rock and hidden behind his goggles. 

Dammnit. I can't fully protect [L/n] and fight against these villains by myself... if I want to be quick and efficient, I'll have to focus on taking them all down until I get to the villain running this ambush...

Just as Aizawa continued to strategize his plan of attack, he noticed two villains running toward his student. Her glow was faint under her hero costume. He was quick to erase their quirks and take them out with his cloth while swiftly inserting himself between [Y/n] and the villains. 

"[L/n] listen to me carefully," He began to say, [Y/n] looked up at him with every ounce of her attention. A small bead of sweat ran down her temple. Aizawa continued to take out villains who tried to approach them. "It'll be more efficient if we work together here, and I don't have to protect you. I know you're strong, so I'm permitting you to use your quick to defend yourself." He dragged multiple thugs across the ground, running into and taking out several more who were too slow to dodge.