Chapter Eight: DisneyBound

Filmed October 11th, 2017

A few days later we decided to do the Disneybound challenge, and headed down to the park to shoot a squad vlog. To be honest, it was really an excuse for us to get out of the office and go on some rides. We had fans suggest our costumes so naturally I was Ariel, which I was actually incredibly cool with. They picked Minnie Mouse for Courtney, Captain Hook for Olivia, Pinocchio for Noah, and Keith was Scar.

After showing off our transformations for the camera we headed into California Dreamland, armed with our vlog cameras and accompanied by our producers Sunny and Sarah. It was about 3 minutes in before Keith brought up the last time we were at Disney Land filming together.

"You're just salty because you still want to marry me Courtney," he joked about their fake proposal prank.

"Uhh," she gasped, "Ya, what is your problem Keith? It's been almost a year and we still aren't married!"

"Well you are a little crazy"

Even though rationally I knew they were joking, I felt that telltale pang of jealousy as Keith ran away from Courtney's attempted hugs. It felt ridiculous, I knew Keith and Courtney were just friends, but then again, Courtney and I were just friends too. I needed to keep myself in check and stop feeling this way. Luckily we were quickly distracted and we soon began our true purpose for coming to Disney land; finding Olivia her Churros.

Once we found a stand, and Olivia got her fix, ("She'll eat six more of them, just you watch") We decided to hit some rides. I soon found myself walking with Courtney. And we started our easy banter as she held out the vlog camera in front of us.

"What's your favorite ride here Shayne?"

"Uh, any ride of my people" I replied, gesturing at my Ariel themed ensemble.

"Of course it is... Oh!" she exclaimed, "let's go on California screamer!"

"Um, Hell no," said Keith as we approached the ride, "No way are you getting me onto that thing."

"Come on Keith," Courtney tried, "it'll be fun!"

But Keith just shook his head. We tried to convince them in vain but He and Oliva decided to sit this ride out, leaving me, Courtney, Noah and our producers to go without them. 

"So interesting fact," I said while we were standing in line for the ride, "This is the origin of the Shayne scream. I never used to scream and then me a few friends went on California screamer, and I was like I guess I have to, so I just let it rip. People in the back of the ride were like who the fuck is that idiot, and then I just never stopped." I finished, making Courtney laugh.

"So this ride is what we have to blame for your idiocy," Joked Sunny and I nodded back grinning.

The car pulled up and we shuffled through the gates and into our seats. Courtney sat down next to me and we both buckled ourselves in. On the slow chug up to the starting point, she turned her head towards me.

"You better blow my ears off with your scream big boy'" She grinned at me.

"Phh" I choked and gave her a weird look. Recovering, I answered, "Well of course." As the ride shot forward and I yelled at the top of my lungs, I wondered if she was trying to torture me on purpose.

"That was the best," Noah said as we were walking out of the ride, "I feel like Keith and Olivia should like, grow up."

We met a bunch of fans as we made our way through the park and we asked them who they thought we were bound as. Me and Courtney were pretty obvious, but it was awesome seeing the fans really try to figure out the other three. We also were stopped by a staff woman who told us that she had never seen a male Disneybound Ariel before. She gave me an honorary citizen of Disney land pin which I pinned to my purple shirt. She told me that it made her day, and the squad replied that she had made ours. All I could do was beam at her. She made the costume mean more than I thought it had originally.