Say My Name and Everything Just Stops

Maren and Brian walked a few blocks in silence, the only sound was her stilettos on the pavement. Every few steps Brian would look over at her, and would smirk. Finally she broke the silence grinning, "Whaattt?! Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

Brian smiled and let out a little laugh. There were a million thoughts going through his head. "I'm just thankful you never threw a glass of wine in MY face" he said shrugging.

"Well you are my boss, but don't think I haven't wanted too," she shoved him playfully as they walked side by side. The stilettos were killing her feet, but she didn't care. She was currently on top of the world. The knots in her stomach disappeared, she felt at peace and honestly pretty damn proud of herself. The girl she lost was starting to come back, and Maren welcomed her with open arms.

As if reading her mind, Brian looked down at her feet. "Those are some shoes.... I'm sure your feet are killing you. We're almost there," he said as he rested a hand on her lower back, guiding her through the busy streets. Maren got goosebumps at his touch. She blushed shaking her head, thinking about the look on Kelsey's face when she'd hear about tonight.

"Ohmigosh yes, I'm so not a shoe girl, I'd kill for my converse right now," she replied as they turned the corner into a dimly lit street lined with trees. Brian smiled to himself. He had noticed that about her. While she was always completely professional, the few times Maren did partake in wrap parties and fun parties with the TruTv fam, she was very much a jeans and T-shirt gal, and secretly he loved it.

Brian was lost in his thoughts and didn't even realize Maren stopped walking. He turned around and saw her staring at a dress in the window of a small boutique they had passed.

"Wow.. This dress is amazing," she said quietly. Brian noticed her face light up and his stomach did it's millionth somersault of the night. How did he never notice how beautiful she was?

"It would look great on you. Perfect for the Cause for a Cure Benefit next month," he mentioned, glancing up to the name of the boutique, Dawson Designs.

Maren turned and looked at him. "It would be perfect actually," she grinned turning her attention back to the window. The dress was the prettiest shade of navy blue, a classy halter style gown, with long slits up each side, cut very low in the front to show cleavage. It was one of those dresses you didn't even want to try on, because you know it was extremely out of your price range. The fabric ridiculously extravagant and expensive. She imagined how she would look in it and if she would do it justice, and then realized she was daydreaming and pulled herself out of it. She turned to Brian and began to walk again

"How much further Quinn.. its time for a drink!"

________________________________________

Maren could feel the heads turn in her direction when they walked in. It didn't look like they were used to getting many lacy wrap dresses and stiletto heels walking through the door.

"Grab a seat, I'll grab our drinks," Brian gestured toward some empty booths in the back.

Maren had settled in and took off one of her stilettos rubbing her foot when Brian appeared with two shot glasses in hand. Maren threw her head back and laughed.

"If there's one thing I do know about you Maren, is how much you love your tequila," Brian laughed as he set the shot glass rimmed with a lime down in front of her. Maren could drink any guy under the table, something Brian had witnessed many times first hand.

She rolled her eyes and blushed. "Guilty as charged" she said pounding the drink back. The cool smooth liquid floated down her throat as a smile spread across her lips. Maren's hand went up in the air, signaling for the waiter to bring another round.