Arrival

[]

I started to get the hang of keeping myself up in the air. "You're getting it. Let's try moving." "Moving?" He nodded then flew back a bit. "Try to keep the same distance between us. So, move a bit forward." I slowly moved forward then smiled. It worked. "Again." I flew towards him with ease. "Alright, let's-" I got full of myself and decided to go all the way. I found myself being caught by Younghoon not too long after. "Idiot..."

"But I knew you wouldn't let me fall." "Shut up..." I pinched his cheeks then told him to release me as I had regained my rhythm. "Now, don't get cocky or else I won't catch you next time." "So cruel." The practice continued on for a while and my wings had started to hurt. I felt Younghoon wrap his arms around my waist then bring us back down to the ground. "How did you know...?" "Your face." I found it amazing yet weird that he could tell that much just from my face. Was my face really that readable? "You're doing pretty well for a first timer, Jae." "Thanks." I turned my wings into tattoos then sighed.

"Hey, where are are you going?" I looked back at Younghoon who was taking off his shirt. "A walk. I need some me time to think about what's going on." "Oh. Well, I'll be here..." I nodded as I walked farther in. It all happened so fast. I kissed my best friend. Not just pressing our lips together, but with actual tongue action. What was the point of that? Why was it necessary for my wings to sprout? Why were my wings missing in the first place?

I wished someone would appear with answers. "Jaehyun!" I looked around for the source of the voice. "Cutie? Did you come alone?" She landed in front of me then transformed. "Gin tagged along claiming Younghoon would be wherever you are. Guess he has half a brain." I frowned at Cutie's perception of Gin. "Don't say things like that. Gin is just as helpful as you are." She circled me before taking a seat again. "So what have you two been doing for an entire 2 weeks?" I looked at her with curiosity. "Traveling. Why? Is something wrong?" She nodded then gave me a visual view of Divitiae. "Younghoon's parents are looking for him. Your parents are too." "Let me guess, Hoon's parents has a search party." "No."

The visual disappeared and was replaced with herself. "I think you both should head back." "Why? We're happy like this." "Think of all the people who miss the both of you." I couldn't help but laugh. "People missing me? Please, I've been jeered at ever since my wings never sprouted. No one cares about me." "Your parents do, Jaehyun." I rolled my eyes then turned on my heel. "I'm not going back to Divitiae. You can never convince me." I felt an eerie aura from behind me briefly then noticed it had quickly disappeared. "Then I'll just use Younghoon as bait." She started to take off as I stood in shock. The next thing I knew, I was holding her firmly. "J-Jaehyun...?" "Don't you dare do anything to him or else I'll make sure you can never come back to life." I had meant every word I said.

ㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣㅣ

I arrived back in the clearing and saw that Younghoon wasn't there. "Hoon?" "Here." I looked up and saw him float down. "Where's Gin?" "Asleep. I see Cutie found you." I briefly glared at her small body before turning back to him. "She did. I was informed that they're looking for us back in Divitiae." "Are you planning to go back?" "Are you, Hoon?" He shook his head then held my hands. "I'm sticking to you like glue. Where you go, I go." I looked away as his gaze was intense. "Why? Why would you?" "I don't know. Everything just seems better with you."

I felt Younghoon let go then watched as he rubbed his hand. "What happened...?" "Your demon kit bit me." "Cutie!" She shrunk back in fear. "Get off my shoulder. Now." She hopped off my shoulder then sat on the ground with her ears low. "Younghoon is not bad. Stop attacking him," I started, unknowing of my wings starting to come out. "I need you to get this fact in your head. Do you understand me?" I was slightly confused as she was shaking underneath me. "I'm sorry, your highness." "Highness? What are you talking about? The monarchy ended years ago." I looked back and saw my wings were fully flared out. "You are royalty, prince Jaehyun. Wings don't lie." I felt a hand glaze over my wings in a gentle manner.

"So, you're royalty Jae...?" I held one of my wings as it shimmered even with the sun starting to set. "I guess..." "Now that I think about it, I do remember seeing in the textbooks that royalty had wings like yours." I looked at Younghoon who seemed a bit distant. "I guess I should start calling you your highness as well." "You don't have to." He shook his head frantically. "I can't just disrespect someone of royal blood." "I'm giving you permission. Don't treat me differently. The monarchy days are over. They say it was a corrupt time anyway."

"Wait!" I looked at him and waited. "Your parents have wings like mine though...It's not possible to dye your wings either. Are you...?"