Chapter 27 (Found) Part 2

Derek's P.O.V*

I glared at Brad who sat across the room with Jess. I've already imagined me killing him 5 different ways and beating him to a pulp10 different ways. Just wait until we leave the station.

"We got a message!" Someone called above the noise in the station. "Charlie!"

I jumped up and ran over to the guy before Charlie could and snatched my phone. I opened the message and saw a picture of a bloodied and bruised Arabella. The anger boiling in me made me see red. It's just like that night I found her all over again. And I'm sure this psycho had something to do with that.

How dare they hurt Arabella like that. How dare they even touch her? I'm going to kick their a** when I find them. The message read:

We're at the old car shop on 458 Acre Wood street. We'll see you when you get here.

I tossed my phone back at the officer so they could get the psycho when I'm finished with him, and ran out the building. I climbed on my bike and sped towards the car shop. In a matter of minutes I was there and went right inside. I found Arabella sitting in the center of the floor with her hands tied behind her back. Her head hung down as though she was sleeping.

I rushed over to her and knelt in front of her. I gently caressed her face and tilted her head up. She looked at me with surprise and sadness.

"Derek." She said in a weak voice. "You actually came?"

"Of course I came. I love you Arabella. I always will."

I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead before moving behind her to untie the rope binding her hands.

"Stop." A familiar voice said, echoing through the room. I know that voice but I can't place it. "I've finally got you here. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. But I have to say it's a disappointment to see you've turned into a hopeless romantic."

"Derek it's..." Arabella started, but the sound of a gun shot rang through the building, blocking out her voice.

"Don't spoil the surprise." The voice said. "Geez, kids these days just don't know how to keep their mouths shut."

Ignoring the voice's command, I continued untying Arabella's hands. When I was halfway finished, I heard a click and something hard being pressed against the back of my head.

"Hi Derek." Jace said from behind me. "I've been waiting for the day I could shove in your face that I'm not your best friend. I'm just a guy who gets paid to make you feel like you're not alone in the world."

I slowly stood, the gun moving with me. I turned to face Jace. He held the gun right in the center of my forehead, a smirk on his face. This guy who I thought was my one best friend turns out to be a fraud. I guess I should have known. I'm a murderer. Who in their right mind would want me as a best friend?

"So are you going to shoot me now? Or is that just to keep me at bay?"

"If I could shoot you, I would."

"But he can't." The voice said, sounding closer. "I can, but I won't just yet. I can shoot anyone in this room, because I have that power. I could very well shoot Arabella if I really..."

"Shut up!" I shouted, my voice echoing off the walls.

Just the sound of this psychopath's voice is irritating me. And the fact that I can't see him, but he's threatening Arabella pisses me off.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want you to suffer like I did." The voice answered. "But I also want to make you stronger. You're weak. You always have been."