18. I know a lot about you, Julie Ann Jones.

If you notice a few things like the word s$x like this, that was me trying to make this chapter public. I have no idea why wattpad made it private if there is not s$x involved but alright!

Chapter Eighteen.

I personally loved family reunions.

Even when Mom and I did not visit our family often, we were close to them. We tried to keep in touch every once in a while. And of course, we visited them on Christmas and all the other vacations. Our family was awfully big, mom had four sisters and five brothers which resulted with me having a bunch of cousins. They all lived in Larafield, a town two hours away from ours. We were the only members of the family living outside that town. My aunts and uncles were extremely close, not to mention my cousins. They made me feel like an outsider sometimes but they were nice people.

Family is family no matter what.

The thing I loved the most about family reunions is that feeling of belonging you get when you’re there. You are surrounded by all those people who share the same bloodline, the same ancestors and have gone through bad things together-like that time my grandfather fell sick and died- We’d been all having each other’s back when that happened. It had surprised me to see how close mom was to her brothers and sisters.

To be honest, I wished I had brothers and sisters. Being an only child tends to get lonely and sad. I used to envy most of my cousins because they had each other to play while I was alone at home, waiting for Mom to finish her career. Don’t get me wrong, Mom was great and she was the most strong, determined woman I had ever met. I admired her, I truly did. I just wished she had another baby for me to play and love. Another human being to keep me company.

I found myself getting anxious as we approached Evan’s grandparents’ house.  As I said before, I loved family reunions.

My boyfriend?

Well, that was another story.

Evan did not seem one bit excit$d about this and I could not blame him.

After making me blush tomato red when he complimented the exotic way I looked, he had focused on driving in silence. He was squeezing the steering wheel so hard, his knuckles were turning white. However, that didn’t distract me from checking him out. My sexy boyfriend looked gorgeous that night. Evan looked hot in regular clothing, imagine how devastatingly beautiful he looked in a suit.

He was burning hot.

His suit was dark blue with a tie of the same color. His usual messy hair was combed perfectly backwards with gel, making him look older and more experienced. That bad boy tattoo of his seemed to be crawling up the collar of his shirt.

God, even his neck is sexy.

His plump lips were pressed together in a tight line when we stopped at a red light.

“Evan,” I called him out softly. He looked at me, waiting for me to continue, “I’m supposed to be nervous about meeting your grandparents, not the other way around.” I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

He gave me an uneasy smile, “I know. I just…” his eyes were back on the road as the red light turned green, “I haven’t seen them in a while, that’s all.”

“Everything will be alright,” I assured, extending my hand to caress the back of his neck as he drove, “I’m here with you, remember?”

He glanced at me, “I’m so glad you’re here.” He moved backwards against my hand, “Keep doing that,”

I chuckled, massaging his neck, “I thought I was a bad massager,” I commented, remembering the other day when I tried to give him a massage and he told me to stop because I wasn’t good at it.