Chapter Nine

Laurel

The bed was the most comfortable thing in the world, the sheets felt like clouds, and I slept perfectly.

It was late in the morning, and I decided to catch up with Thea and William for brunch at some fancy restaurant downtown.

"Have you even seen Malcolm yet?" Thea asked.

"No, he's suppose to see me after he's done with meetings" I replied.

"So you and Malcolm are dating?" William asked.

"Uhh" I spaced for a moment. "Not yet"

"'Yet'? So you are willing to date him?" Thea asked, smirking. "So telling Kara and Alex you said that"

"Oh god, don't tell her" I begged, "She has been non-stop about getting met together with Malcolm"

"She just wants the best for you" Thea shrugged. "Anyways, she isn't just on you back about a love life"

"She's hounding you to?" I ask.

"Oh yea, she keeps talking about getting me together with a friend of her from Central City" She took a sip of her water, "He's an engineer for STAR Labs"

"Ronnie?" I asked, "He's engaged to Caitlin"

"No, no" She shook her head, "Uh... Cisco... I think?"

"Oh, Barry's best friend" I nodded, "Oh yea, you would totally like him"

"You've met him?" She asked.

"Yea, we talked at a party STAR labs had in National city for the launch of one of their products, he's nerdy but a gentleman" I explained.

"Hmm" Thea hummed.

"Isn't that Malcolm?" William pointed out. Me and Thea looked back to see Malcolm guiding in a few business men.

"Yea" I said, "He must have a meeting here with clients"

I saw him see us and tell his clients to wait a moment before walking towards us. "Funny seeing you here" He smirked.

"Thea invited me to brunch and I couldn't resist" I smirked back.

"Well, I have 2 more meetings, I'll drop by your hotel at 4" he was ready to turn away before looking back at me, "And give my assistant a call, she has something for you"

~

Thea drove me back to my hotel room, where I dug through my purse to find Malcolm's assistants number, after dumping my entire bag I finally found it.

Catherine Artemis
(xxx)-xxx-xxx

Dialling the phone number, I climbed onto the couch. "Hello?" The woman on the other end sounded young.

"Uh, hi, this is Laurel Lance" I replied.

"Oh, yes! Miss Lance, Mr. Merlyn told me you'd be calling" She said, "I well send someone to deliver your dress now"

"Dress?" I asked.

"Yes, the dress for your dinner with Mr. Merlyn" She explained. "If you need it in a smaller or bigger size, just call and I'll get a new one"

"Okay, thanks" I said, stunned.

"Your welcome, Miss Lance, have a wonderful evening" She was clearly smiling. I hung up and sat in awe.

Groupchat:
Women of Today

Laurel:
First a private jet ride with anything to eat or drink, a limo to my hotel, the penthouse suite in the most expensive hotels in Star City, and now dress for dinner