Chapter 1: My Story

My name is Gabriella Watkins and this is my story.

I come home everyday to the same thing all over again. I'm used to it now though.

I'm everyones living punching bag.

My older brother Brody would try to stop it , but then learned to obey. He was lured easily by my dad Gabriel .

So was my older sister Zoey. She stuck up for me for years. That finally ended when she was also tired of being abused of. She joined my fathers team and started abusing of me as well.

My mom always screamed and yelled. "Don't hurt her!" Yet she never tried to stop what was happening in front of her.

Sometimes the scene was worse.

Sometimes it wasn't as bad.

For years my house was actually a place i could call home. Now it was just a bloodbath or a psychos home to me.

Looks like a perfectly normal family. I wish it was that way.

Instead we had to act and pretend like if we were those people who looked perfect in that family photo.

I still hold on to the beautiful precious moments we lived together as a real family. It brings back the best of me. The present only brings hatred. Hatred is what fills me. Anger fills me. Bad thoughts fill me.

I've tried fighting back. For what? It's no use anyway. Three vs. one of myself is impossible.

Brody always gives the first big punch. Always the same place. My stomach. He takes out all the wind in me. I try to breath in desperation. It's no use. I'm not quick enough. Soon i'm on the floor. Zoey is next. With me trying to get air she kicks my face hard.

She wounds me. My face bleeds with the impact of her foot to my face. I cry. Well at least i try to. Tears manage to fall and create a streaming river. Not being able to breath properly makes me make weird noises while trying to breath. I fail.

I inhale and exhale deep breaths when my breathing is finally regulated.

I get up off the floor after their session of boxing with me , their living punching back.

I go up to the 2nd floor. I finally find my way to my room. I open the door and let myself in. I lock the door behind me.

I enter my bathroom and see my swolen face. My eye is throbbing. It is so purple. I start feeling pure hatred again.

Will this ever end? I ask myself as i see i am starting to cry hard again.

Why did god put me in this position? i asked every night , every day , every second , every moment , evey hour , every minute of my life.

Tick Tock i could hear my clock continuing this pattern. My room was always silent. I could hear the tiniest sounds.

I tried to continue doing my homework.

I failed. Misson impossible. I couldn't keep focus. My eyes were throbbing and my heart ached. No one ever loved or even cared for me.

I'm so useless. After an hour i completed my homework and fell asleep.

I woke up 15 minutes later.

9:44 the clock read. I got into my sleep wear and fell asleep inside of my warm comforting bed. My bed was my bestfriend so much like my diary. My bed collects all my tears. My diary collects all my thoughts.

I finally fall asleep in the middle of all my thoughts.