Underneath the Misletoe (Riza x Reader)

It was a Christmas party at the military that Roy was hosting. Riza invited you and Kyle, since you two where basically the bestest of friends (and he was the social butterfly of your small trio). When the day came, Kyle and you walked up to the main lobby, and went up to Roy's office, where the party was.

Now, you hated parties. The first party you went to, you sat in the corner the whole three hours, clutching your phone for your dear life and your friends abandoned you, and telling you to go make friends.

So, you had no clue what the hell to do at a party. But, you where still happy Riza invited Kyle, so you would always have someone to talk to if Riza had to calm down Roy.

When you walked into the room, the first person you saw was Riza scolding Roy for something, Jean standing on a table, looking very likely to fall off, Fuery trying to calm everyone down, Fatemon standing and sipping water, and Breda talking to Fatemon about the craziness of the "party."

"(Y/n)!" Riza said, waving over to you and smiling. Your heart exploded, and her smile melted the words right out of your mouth. Kyle walked around the party, leaving you alone with Riza and Roy.

"H-Hi. W-What the heck is going on h-here?" You say, finding words to summarize the events at this very party. Riza chuckled.

"I honestly have no clue." She said, offering you some eggnog (or any drink you would like) from the fridge. "Would you like some?"

"Sure." You say, taking a sip of your drink. Jean jumped off the table and cheered.

"Let's play truth or dare!" Jean said, as Kyle and Roy quickly got on board with the game. You reluctantly joined in, remembering the dares from late night games with James and shivering a bit.

You joined in, as Riza sighed a bit and sat next to you, as the grown adults sat crisscross applesauce in a circle.

"What are you guys, 12?" Riza said, as you chuckled.

"Yes, now lets braid each others hair and tell each other who we have a crush on." Kyle joked, a couple people in the circle laughed, including you and Riza.

"Let's start!" Roy said, his finger in the air. "(Y/n)! Truth or dare!" He said, pointing a finger at you.

You thought for a second, before remembering all the things that he could ask for truth. "Dare."

"What did you do?" Riza asked, holding your shoulders. You tilted your head, confused.

"I dare you to wear a miniskirt!" Roy said, as your face lit up into a blush.

"You're a sadist." Riza said, shaking her head. Roy handed you a miniskirt, as you reluctantly took it and went out of the room, going over to the bathroom as you looked at the skirt. The skirt went right above mid thigh, which made you extremely uncomfortable. You tied your coat around your waist, so the back of it wasn't exposed, then you walked back into the room.

You felt your cheeks warm up, as you felt Riza's eyes on you. And you've never seen her this flustered.

Her eyes where glued to the ground, her face a dark shade of pink and her breathing quicker. You quickly sat down in the circle, folding your legs and definitely not crisscross.

"T-Truth or dare, Roy." You say, ready for vengeance.

"Truth." He said, looking you directly in the eyes.

"Bad choice, Roy." Kyle said, a smirk on his face. You smiled sweetly, with a menacing intent behind it.

"This is for everyone. What is the most embarrassing thing Roy has done, drunk or sober?" Kyle laughed, and everyone started chuckling before finding ideas.

"What about that time he almost threw himself off a table??" Jean said.

"How about when he broke a whole cabinet of wine?" Riza said.

"No. The time he almost kissed a cactus!" Fuery said, as everyone laughed expect for Roy.

"You're evil." Roy said, as you where smirking.

"I'm not evil, it's just payback." You say, as the group finally concluded what the worst was.

"We conclude that it was when he almost jumped off a building after drinking Red Bull." Fatemon said.

"How are all of these almost? Who stopped him?" Kyle said, as the group pointed at Riza.

"She sounds like your babysitter." You say, looking at Roy as the group chuckles.

The day was spent with a game of truth or dare, mostly between you and Roy where you would one up each other. One was kiss the person to the right, which for Roy was Jean. Another was to give him 100$ worth of free flowers, which you dared him to buy 100$ worth of flowers.

It was pretty fun.

When the party was wrapping up, and you where in a pair of pants again (thank god). You see a mistletoe hanging above you and Riza, as she smiled. You looked at her, as she gave you a kiss on the lips, her hand on your cheek and waist. You blush, but slowly close your eyes and melt into the kiss. She pulls away and smiles at you, and gives a thumbs up to someone. You turn around and see Roy holding up the mistletoe with a smirk.

"Best dare ever." You say, as he jumps off his ladder and folds it up.

"Truce?" He said.

"Truce." You say, as you take Riza's hand calmly, finally happy about what happened underneath the Mistletoe.

I love Christmas tropes, so I decided to bring one into this book. This also occurs a bit later in the story where the main character is more confident after a certain event happens. Happy Holidays!