2- Vienna waits for you

The clock showed 1:45 when we finally crawled to bed.

"Cami?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you." I snuggled closer to her. If I'm dreaming, at least I'll try to make the best out of it.

"You're welcome" her lips on my head was the last thing I felt until I drifted off to sleep.

*******************

The sun hit my eyes, making me cringe.

I looked carefully for the source of my happiness, to hug her close, but she wasn't there.

I was dreaming, wan't I?

I opened one eye and looked to my side to see an empty bed.

Okay... still in a hotel room... so... not dreaming?

Listening closely, I could hear voices yelling from the bathroom.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" A voice yelled in Spanish. My grandma was from Cuba so she talked to me in Spanish all the time.

"Mom, how on earth do you expect me to leave her in the street after what happened, in a freaking storm?!" Yep, that's Cami.

They're talking about me?

"She's not your problem Camilita! It's illegal! You can go to jail if you won't report her!"

"No mom! I promised her! I promised with all of my heart that I won't tell another soul!" Camila yelled.

"You can go to jail for kidnapping if you won't! It's her or you Mija!"

I heard enough. I guess my luck just ended.

I took the only thing that's left for me, -my clothes,- and ran out of the hotel. Far from Camila and far from her mother. I can't go back to foster care, I just can't. At least I got to experience the day of my dreams, right?

I walked down the street and into a cafe. It was so cold outside, and I was with nothing but Camila's big t shirt and shorts. oh boy, I forgot to change into my clothes before running! I stole her clothes! shit!

I was sitting in the cafe humming to the music softly.

"Excuse me miss, are you going to order anything?"

I shook my head no.

"Then I'm sorry but you're gonna have to leave."

I nodded before exiting the cafe and walking to another one. And another one. And another one.

At this point I was hungry. Which is weird I don't get hungry much... maybe it's because of the pizza I ate yesterday?

What do I do...What do I do... oh! I know!

"Hello sir, can I maybe have a plastic cup?" I asked politely the old men in the cafe. He simply handed me a a plastic cup with a smile on his face. Nice people everywhere, ha?

I walked down the street near a bench, where there's a lot of people walking and playing on their phones.

I stood near the bench -shy- and whispered the first sentence of the song.

Slow down, you crazy child