18. The Plan

Rachel sat confidently in her seat beside her great uncle James around a rectangular shaped table as well as the rest of the Howling Commandos alongside Steve and Peggy

Rachel sat confidently in her seat beside her great uncle James around a rectangular shaped table as well as the rest of the Howling Commandos alongside Steve and Peggy. This was more Rachel's scene. Agents and colleagues surrounded the table from a few feet back awaiting to hear the plan that would take down Hydra for good.

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a pig house." Philips begins in his usual tone as he turned away from the world map he had plastered on the wall to face everyone them. "He thinks he's a god and he's willing to blow up half the world to prove it starting with the USA." He then stated, Rachel's history lessons on the war came flooding back as Philips spoke. She was walking among legends. Even her great uncle.

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities." Howard states sliding into the chair beside James as he we all turned to face him.

"The power source of these weapons will kill anyone if they come in contact with it." Rachel states turning her head back to face Philips. "One blast and you're gone in a flash of blue. That's how we lost many of the 107th. If he's making bombs with any of that material... catastrophe. No way we'd come back from it."

"He'll also wipe out the entire eastern seaboard in an hour if he gets across the Atlantic with the weapons he plans on using." Howard added nodding in Rachel's direction as she folded her arms over the table.

"How much time we got?" Gabe asks looking towards Philips.

"According to my new best friend," Philips begun referring to Zola, Who Steve had captured after Bucky's fall, "under twenty four hours."

"Where is he now?"

"Hydra's last base is here. In the Alps. Five hundred feet below the surface." Philips states as everyone turned back to face with serious looks on everyone's faces.

"So what are we supposed to do?" Dugan asks looking towards everyone.

"It's not like we can just knock on the front door." Morita states sarcastically and Rachel nods in agreement knowing it would be a stupid plan.

"Why not?" Everyone's heads turn towards Steve as he looks up from the table. Rachel's eyes went wide as to say it's a stupid idea but... "that's exactly what we're going to do."

- -

"I can't believe I went with this plan..." Rachel muttered as she watched Steve start up the motorcycle they were given. After a small argument they agreed to sit on the same motorcycle.

She placed Steve's vibrainium shield on her back which was a lot lighter than she had originally anticipated before climbing onto the motorcycle behind Steve. She took a deep breathe before she adjusted herself and wrapped her arms around Steve's torso. Rachel would be lying if a small amount of blush hadn't made itself known on her cheeks. She was sitting on the same bike as Captain America after all.