Chapter 36: Home with her {Edited}

|It's not the end it's just the beginning.|

Grace's Pov:

After giving birth to my little angel I had to stay at the hospital for two days. They did some test on her and all the answers were positive. She was fine.

Today I was getting a discharge. Xavier stayed by my side all the time and even sleep with the baby on him.
They looked cute together.

"Ready to go?" Xavier asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah let's go," I said and pick Alaïa in my arms. She like when I put her head on my chest as she always wrapped her small hand around the hem of my shirt.

"I already got her a baby seat," Xavier said and I nodded. He signed my discharge form and we were out.

"I don't want to put her in it yet. I will hold her." I said and Xavier nodded.

"Do you want to eat something? I can buy it before going home." He said and I nodded.

"Yeah I am hungry," I said.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked as he started to drive.

"Huh, I don't know McDonald?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Fine by me." He said and he drove us there and ordered.

After 15 minutes, he finally got our order and he drove us home. Just as we reached Alaïa started to cry.

"Why is she crying?" Xavier asked as we pulled in our driveway.

"She is probably hungry too," I said and he nodded.

As soon as he parked, I took Alaïa and walked into the nursery room.

I sat down on the couch and started to breastfeed her. The nurse told me to keep breastfeeding her as it was better than formula.

"I put our food in the kitchen," Xavier said coming in. When he saw us he smiled and kneed in front of me. He started to stroke her head slowly and she kick her legs opening her small eyes.

"I think she likes when you do that," I said and he nodded.

"Yeah."

When she finished she looked around and yawned.

"Let me put her to sleep. Go and fresh up." Xavier said and I nodded. I gave him Alaïa and she rested her head on his daddy shoulder. I stood up letting Xavier took my place as I walked into my room. I took a quick shower and dress up.

I walked back into her room and saw Xavier smiling looking at a sleepy Alaïa.

"Let go and eat," I said and he turned toward me. He nodded and we made our way to the kitchen. But as soon as we were in the hallway, I was pulled back into the wall and Xavier kissed me hard.

"What is that for?" I asked as we pulled away.

"I am just happy. You gave me a beautiful angel." He said and I smiled. He intertwined our finger and pulled me till the kitchen.

We sat on the counter and started to eat.

"When are you going back to work?" I asked and he shrugged.

"I don't know. I ask my assistance to mail me all the paperwork and if there is some paper to sign she can come here." He said and I nodded.

"And what about Samantha? Where is she?" I asked.

"Last time I heard She was in jail with Britney but Rick may have bailed them. But don't worry they won't come here any soon. Rick is already pissed off that I back out from his fiance department. He had blamed it all on Samantha." He said and I sighed.

"Are you sure Samantha won't come here? Like its kinda because of us that Rick is pissed off and she was sent to prison. I don't want her to harm Alaïa." I said and he sighed.

"I know babe. I already put more security outside so don't worry. Wherever you will go there will be a bodyguard with you." Xavier said standing up. He started to take the trash out so I quickly finished mine and help him to clean up. Once we were done, we walked into our room and laid on our bed.

It was a great relaxation for my back. I closed my eyes and let sleep came in. However, it did not last long as Alaïa started to cry again. I opened my eyes and saw Xavier already standing up.

"Sleep babe. I will go and get her." He said and I nodded. I was too tired to argue.

---

After a lot and surprisingly peaceful sleep, I woke up. This time Xavier was not here. I stood up and walked to Alaïa's room. I smiled as I saw Xavier sleeping on one of the couch with Alaïa on top of him.

I walked into the room and pulled one of the blankets over them. It was 5 pm and I had to make dinner. I let them sleep while I walked into the kitchen.

I started to make dinner.

----

After half an hour everything was done. I was about to go upstairs when Xavier come down with a wide-awake Alaïa.

"Did you two enjoy your sleep?" I asked and Xavier smile sheepishly.

"I don't even know how I fell asleep." He said and I chuckled. I took Alaïa in my arms and walked into the living room.

"You already made dinner?" Xavier asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah," I replied as I rock Alaïa back and forth. She looked at me with her cute blue eyes which she got from Xavier and I kissed her cheeks.

"Where is my kiss?" Xavier asked as he settles himself beside me.

"Hmm, I don't know," I said and he chuckled.

He leaned in and pecked my lips before leaning on the couch. I leaned on him and let Alaïa in my arms in front of us.

This was perfect. Me being in my love's arms. My baby in my arms. The family that I always wanted. I do not regret marrying Xavier. He gave me everything I wanted not caring for him. I know that no matter what happened he will always be my side.

A/N

This is it guys the last chapter before the epilogue. Hopefully, you enjoyed it till the end and don't forget to vote and leave a comment as your feedback. I am also thinking about doing some bonus chapters so let me know by commenting if I should do it or not.

Till next time...
Bye
;)
LovelyShifah