Chapter 27 | Before I Am His

C H A P T E R  27

C H A P T E R 27

I feel like my head was being repeatedly smashed against a wall as I sat in the waiting room of the Westland Cancer Center. Clarity wasn't at the vending machines today and I keep telling myself to believe she's okay and healthy again.

My mother hasn't said a single word. I told her the truth about last night, that I was drunk and Gavin took me home and I stayed the night in his room. It felt weird saying it out loud. I didn't mention the fact that I may have accidentally told him I had cancer.

I was taken to the back and had my blood drawn, they told me they haven't found a donor yet and that I was severely dehydrated from all of the alcohol last night. I saw the disappointment in my mothers eyes, I'm not trying to kill my self I swear, I was just sad.

We finally leave and get back home.

The house is very quiet inside and it stays that way as I walk back up to my room. I didn't have time to shower before so I take this time to take one and remove all of the dirt I feel on my body from the party last night. I step out and dry off before I put on a large t shirt and some shorts. I step out of my bathroom and then I hear a knock on my window.

Gavin's kneeling on the roof in front of it.

I walk over and open it. He jumps through and looks at me, he doesn't look very happy.

"I've been waiting for you to get home." He says. "It was true."

"What was true?" My heart feels like it could explode any second now.

"You have cancer?" His voice is soft and I can't help but feel my eyes swell up in tears. I don't say anything instead I just nod my head and Gavin wraps his arms around me.

My small arms wrap around his torso and I start crying into his shirt. "I wanted to tell you."

His hand brushes over my hair and I feel him hold me a little tighter. "You were drunk yes, but you did tell me." His hand lifts my chin up to look at him. "I don't care that you have cancer."

"You don't?"

He shakes his head smiling at me. "Can you forgive me?"

I wrap my arms around his neck and stand on my tiptoes, I pull his head down to kiss him. The embrace is passionate and I feel his tongue slide against my bottom lip so we eagerly open are mouths and breath in each others air. Gavin's hands run along the sides of my body I feel the chills building up. He picks me off the ground without trouble and my legs wrap around him. My fingers tangle inside his hair as he lays me on the bed.

Gavin has his arms on either side of me to hold himself up. I let out a soft whimper as he breaks the kiss.

"I'll take that as a yes?" He lets out a loose chuckle, licking his lips at me I don't think I want to stop kissing him. I'm relieved when his head dips down to my neck and he starts leaving a trail of kisses from my ear to my collar bones.