12 | who are you?

+haechan pov

I watched as Mara broke away from Dae-Ho and ran for her life out of the coffee shop and down the street her eyes filled with tears and fear, her figure nothing but a blur and the moment passing in what seemed like slow motion.

I managed to get up after being thrown against the wall and beaten by Dae-Ho. Why would Amara ever fall for someone like him?

Even though my body ached I tried to run after the pair who had gone sprinting one after the other out the jingling door, it's pleasant sound contrasting with the seriousness of the event.

I ran even though my body was screaming for me to stop.

I ran to help one of the people I loved most in the world.

I ran to save Amara, no matter what it took to do so.

I ran and ran, voices calling my name and hers. I ran until I heard the screeching of tires and one long, single beeping car horn.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

Though there were many people on that street, I could only see one person.

I saw one person whom I knew so well.

I saw the person I loved lying limp on the concrete.

I thought the person I loved was dead.

I was too late.

I didn't save her.

***

The beeping noises of the hospital flooded my ears and the whiteness of it all blinded me.

It was a setting I knew oh so well and oh how I wished I didn't.

I stood at the foot of yet another hospital bed. The person in the bed was one I had seen in this way before.

I walked around to join her at her side. She was still unconscious.

Amara lay, pale and half dead in a hospital bed in front of me.

The accident was being treated as accidental and the police said that it wasn't the drivers fault.

But it wasn't Amara's fault that her estranged boyfriend chased her down the street, giving her no other choice but to run.

The police had arrested Dae-Ho. I don't care how horrible I sound but I hope he gets locked up forever and rots in a cell (and in hell too).

The doctors told me that she had sustained a head injury from the force of her head hitting the ground but they didn't know if she would have any complications because of it until she woke up, they knew that she didn't have any bleeding in the brain anyways. She had also broken two ribs, sprained her wrist, received multiple scrapes and bruises and broken her leg not to mention her black eye and busted lip from Dae-Ho.

Tears escaped my eye, rolled down my cheeks and landed softly on her hand.

I didn't want to loose her, I just got her back.

'Please don't leave me.' I whispered as a man came tumbling through the curtain, stopping dead in his tracks when his eyes landed on his daughter laying in the bed.

'Oh my god Mara, oh how could this have happened to you, oh my go...' he broke down in tears, his hands covering his face.

I walked over to comfort Amara's father. The poor man had gone through so much in a certain space of time. I felt beyond sorry for the man.

'I'm so sorry...' I repeated hoping that it would take some effect on the mans state.
'It's not your fault, from what I've been told, you tried to help her. You're a good man, thank you for looking out for my daughter.' He looked up at me seeing I had grown since we met last.

'Everything will be okay.' I reassured him, something he told Kun and I the last time we were here.
'I hope so, I really do.' He smiled but I could tell that he was trying his best to be strong.

The beeping on Amara's heart monitor began to speed up, the numbers increasing. A doctor who was walking past rushed in and stood beside her, I looked away, afraid that something bad was happening.

'It's okay Miss.' I heard the doctor say over some other noises.
I turned to see Amara squirming slightly, her eyes still shut, it was if she was just having a bad dream.

She was alive.

But was she okay?

Her eyes began to open in the slightest and her father took a step closer to her, gripping her hand in his.

I looked over his shoulder to see her eyes flutter open, a look of confusion plastered on her face.

'Where am I?' Her voice was hoarse.
'You're in the hospital, you were hit by a car trying to run away from Dae-Ho, remember?' His voice was soothing.
She shook her head. 'Who is he?'

'Oh... he was your ex boyfriend I guess.' He shrugged. 'What... wh- what do you remember... about the whole thing Mara?'

'Nothing... the last thing I can remember is... I don't know.' She shook her head, confusion and anger in her eyes.

'It's okay don't worry, we'll give you some time to talk but in the meantime, you have a visitor.' He moved aside so that she could see me.

My hands were shaking.

I smiled shyly at her.
The usual glimmer in her eyes and excitement on her face when she usually saw me was no longer there but was replaced with a look of confusion and fear.

'Hi Mara.' I choked a little, bit taking notice of the look on her face and putting it down to the fact she couldn't see me properly and the light was blinding her. 'I'm so happy you're okay, you don't even understand how worri-'

She cut me off and the three words she said in almost a whisper, felt worse than any stab wound or injury.

'Who are you?'

a/n
Oops! Sorry for making you sad, accept all my love as an apology.

Angst on the way but the angst will lead to lots of fluff moments don't worry

I wouldn't want to upset you too much

But I guess it's good that Dae-Ho got arrested and will rot forever.

Or will he?

:))

Happy reading!

~nimmy