Chapter Five: The Beast

Picture: Serenity's bow, but Serenity's is black not brown...

Video: Scars by Papa Roach, it has nothing to do with the book, I was just listining to it alot... and now it's been stuck in my head for awhile... So I decided to share it with you.... :)

************************************

We walked untill nightfall again, and this time I took first watch. Who knew staying up for hourse watching for any trouble would would be so boring? And the worst part my mind kept traveling to the Assasin, as we all agreed to call them for ninja seemed to childish.

And while I was thinking about the Assasin's eyes, for that is all I know about him, besides that he has a hard chest, and what the rest of him would must look like. I mean you can't have an ugly face, but beautiful eyes can you? 

I shook my head and looked at Leif's sleeping face. His mouth was slack from the normal line it's usualy in, unless he is laughing or smiling. I smiled at the thought of him smiling. Then two brown eyes floated into my head and I scowled. Brown eyes(I will just call him that) was the bad guy who tryed to kill me, and if not that he at least wanted to capture me!

I can not afford to like any part of him, and that includes his eyes! And then Leif.... Well this is not that kind of story! This is an action packed, adventures, life and death, survival book! Not some lovy dovy, uberly dramtic story. This is my story! And of course Chale's, and Shell's, and Leif's; but still! 

I have to keep a clear head! I have to- SNAP! I nearly screamed at the loud popping sound untill I realized it was the fire. I shook my head knowing I had to keep it clear and alert. 

I climbed a tree so I could have a better veiw of the spot we are in and shivered. This far from the fire it was cold. I pulled my giant hoodie on over my leather jacket and relaxed against the tree trunk.  Then I waited for awhile and when the fire was almsot dead I collected wood and put it on, the I shook Leif's arm to wake him up. 

"Hmmmm?" He mumbled still asleep, sucking the saliva in his mouth back. "Leif. Wake. Up." I yanked his arm with every word. He shook his black hair and I blushed in the dark at how adoradle his bed head is. 

Then he realized what I was trying to do and he shot to his feet grabbing his sword. "No, no, no!" I pushed his arm down, it's okay! Nothing is wrong, and even if it was we would be dead because of your slowness." I whispered. I could see him actually smile, not just his little grin.

"Thanks for making me feel better." he chuckled, I blushed again, forgetting all about Brown Eyes. "Okay well, it's your turn  to stand watch." I said. He nodded and sat down with his back against a tree. I sat down by the fire then layed on my side, tucking my kneese into my sweat shirt, and then I used my hood for a pillow. 

"Is that even comfortable?" He asked. I looked at him through the fire, "Not really but I have to sleeping bag nor a blanket so I guess I'm fine with this." I said sleepily. "And besides, I am so tiered I can pretty much sleep any were right now." I giggled when he chuckled. 

"Here." And he tossed me his sleeping bag. "Thanks Leif." I wiggled into it and stretched my legs. The sleeping bag is warm and confy. I snuggled into and inhaled the smell. I had never realized before, but he must really smell good because his sleeping bag sure did!

Wooooow. I must really be on crack or something.

After talking to Leif for an hour I fell asleep. 

*******Dream*******

"Serenity, wake up." 

"But I don't want to..."