Reconciliation

Over the next week or so, Betty and Sophia had been keeping a watchful eye over the ex's. They were back to communicating on a friendly level, but the girls noticed the flirty comments and lingering gazes. When they were sat in the Blue and Gold offices, Betty brought it up.

"Have you noticed that Veronica and Archie are back in flirting stages?"

"I have." Sophia nodded. "The way they act, the surprised look every time they touch. I think they still like each other."

"As do I." Betty said. "Do you think they realise it though?"

"Who realises what?" Jughead asked.

"Veronica and Archie. Whether they realise they still like each other." Sophia said.

"Oh, they do like each other. And no, I don't think they realise." Jughead said.

"We should take matters into our own hands." Betty said. "Let's do some conspiring."

Between them they decided that a good old fashioned set up would be the best way to get them to be alone and see what happens. Betty texted Archie, and Sophia texted Veronica, both asking them to meet at Pop's at 6:30. They both agreed. It was on.

At 6:20pm, Archie went to Pop's and got to the end corner booth as Betty had said she would meet him there. He sat down to wait for her.

At 6:30, Veronica arrived at Pop's and looked to the booth she was meant to meet Sophia in, but instead it was Archie who sat there. He stood up as she walked over.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi." Veronica replied.

"I'm just meeting Betty."

"I'm meeting Sophia. Supposed to be in this booth."

"Are we being set up?"

"I think so."

"Please, come sit down." Archie gestured to the other side of the booth, and Veronica obliged, putting her bag down then sliding onto the seat.

Betty and Sophia were watching the whole exchange from a nearby booth, disguised in coats, hats and big sunglasses, both sipping milkshakes and picking at a plate of fries, but mostly just there to listen.

"Can I get you kids anything?" Pop asked, his pad out at their table.

"Yeah, we'll get a chocolate milkshake, a vanilla milkshake and a plate of onion rings please." Archie said.

"Sure thing." Pop said, going to the kitchen. He brought everything over when it was ready, and Archie handed him the money.

"Thanks, Archie." Veronica said, taking a sip of her drink.

"No worries," he said. "So, how are you?"

"I'm okay, How are you?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he nodded. "Well, truthfully, I miss you, Ronnie. Since we've been back to being friends, I've found it so hard to not think about us."

"I miss you too, Archie. But how many times are we going to back and forth like this? It's not the first time we've broken up." Veronica said.

"It may not be the last."

"Can we really live like that, Archie?"

"Yes. We're both headstrong and know what we want and sometimes we don't always see eye to eye which causes issues. But I love you, Ronnie. I really do."

"I love you too, Archie."

Archie moved to Veronica's side of the booth and kissed her. Betty and Sophia hi-fived.

"We did it!" Betty said.

Archie and Veronica turned around and looked at them. They both took of their disguises.

"Guys!" Veronica said sternly, but she was smiling.

"Good to see you guys back together. You are, right?" Sophia asked.

"I want us to be." Archie said.

"Me too, Arch." Veronica kissed his cheek.

"Well, our work here is done. I'm gonna go see Jughead." Betty said.

"I'll come with you, I'm gonna hang out with Sweet Pea a while." Sophia said.

"Want me to drive you girls down there? Ronnie and I are gonna go hang at mine for a while, anyway." Archie said. The four of them left Pop's and Archie dropped Betty and Sophia off.

"See you soon, girls. And thanks." Veronica said, waving as she and Archie drove away.

Betty went to Jughead's trailer, and Sophia went to camp.

Soph😈 : where are you?
Sweet Pea🌵 : in my tent. Why?
Soph😈 : I've come down to hang, I won't be long

At the camp, she walked over to his tent.

"Sweet, I'm here," she said. He unzipped the tent from the inside, and she crawled inside. Sweet Pea locked up the tent again before laying down, Sophia joining him and putting her leg over his, her fingers rested on his chest. "Are you okay?" She asked, tracing invisible patterns on his shirt.

"Yeah, I'm fine, you?" He asked.

"I'm good," she nodded. "I have news though."

"What's happened?" Sweet Pea asked.

"Well first, Archie and Veronica are back together," she said.

"Nice, nice," he nodded.

"Second, I spoke to mum and dad and told them about the trailer park and the riots and everything and they wanted to help. So, I did some research and digging and my best negotiations, and I got Penelope Blossom to sign me over the land of Thornhill, in exchange for a sum of money and a house in Riverdale so she and Cheryl's uncle no longer have to live in a barn at Thistle House," she said.

"Okay. So, what does that have to do with the trailer park?" Sweet Pea asked.

"By purchasing land, it means we can purchase and move enough trailers to the grounds of Thornhill, including FP's if he and Jughead want us to, so we can make our own trailer park. Where all of you can live again." Sophia explained.

Sweet Pea sat up suddenly. "Oh my God, Soph, are you serious?"

"Deadly. We should have everything sorted in a couple of weeks, as long as Mr Andrews is willing to help." Sophia said.

"Sophia, you are amazing. But how will it all be paid for?" He asked.

"Mum and dad have always earned a good wage, and they're willing to help. Also when I joined the gang in England I bought a share of the strip club - we all do - so by selling that and also the money I made in the gang I have quite the sum saved."

"You realise you don't have to do this, Soph."

"Of course, I do. You guys can't live in a makeshift camp forever. Worst case scenario, it'll be ready in a month."

"You are amazing!" Sweet Pea hugged her tightly, then pulled back and kissed her. "Shit, I'm sorry, I-"

"It's fine, Pea, it was the excitement. I get it." Sophia said. 

They spent the evening hanging out, listening to some music, and then William came to pick Sophia up and take her home.