Chapter 6

I forgot to mention that Connor's phone number was a  s e c r e t  m e s s a g e. Anyway, if you feel like trying to solve it (his number is 467-873-7429) it's just a standard cell phone keypad. Also y'all should go check out magical_muggle_  because their McPriceley oneshot book is fabulous.

Also, someone recommended that Whizzer be the director so, even though he would be like 80 by now, we're gonna ignore how time works and he's the director. He's about the same age as he was in the musical.

The next day (Monday), 3:10pm
Connor's POV

Why on Earth did I agree to this? I could've asked the director to make Arnold do it, so why didn't I? Oh right, Kevin is my soulmate and I need an excuse to talk to him.  But that's scary. Dear God.

I was standing at my locker doing nothing so I wouldn't get to the library early when Chris approached me.
"Hey man, are you ok? You look really stressed and you've been standing there for like ten years," he said with a worried look on his face.

"I'm fine, Chris," I say, trying to get him to leave me to my thoughts, "just a little anxious about this whole Kevin thing. I never really considered that I would actually have to talk to him."

"I can still beat him up if you want," he added with a smirk.

"That probably won't be necessary, but I'll hit you up if I change my mind," I say, turning to close my locker, calming down.

"That's good to know." He extended his arm out towards me. "May I walk you to the library, Milady?"
"Absolutely," I say, linking my arm in his.

To many, it seemed like we were dating, in fact, in public Chris and I often were asked if we were, or simply called a really cute couple. But I had never felt that way for Chris and he had never felt that way for me. He was practically my brother. I had known the guy since Kindergarten.

We arrived at the library just before 3:15 and he left me to fend for myself at the door. I was terrified of going in there, but there was basically no one inside except for a few of people playing D & D near the front of the library. I picked a seat at the back and sat down, not wanting to disturb them.

Kevin got there around 3:17 and he simply stated, "I don't need your help, I can do this on my own or with Josephine's help."

"I'm sure you can, Kevin," I say, "but Mr. Brown said specifically you needed help from someone who wasn't acting along side you, your sister is."
"Then I'll get help from Arnold Cunningham or something!" He said, throwing his arms up in exasperation.

I stand up from the chair I'm in, looking at him and I lowered my voice to signal he needed to quiet down. " I don't know what your problem is with me, but just because I'm a fag (ugh I hate this woooorrrrddd) doesn't mean I'm a terrible person. I know your fancy religion makes you believe so, but I swear I'm tolerable enough to work on lines with for a few days."

He sighed in defeat and sat down at a table. "So," he said, looking the opposite of interested, "where should we start?"

Though I could tell he did not want to be here, I told him we should just start off tackling his worst scene: The Rooftop Scene with Katherine. As we ran through I told him this was a very pivotal and emotional point in the show when Jack is at one of his most vulnerable points (other than during Santa Fe, but I knew he hit that out of the park). We worked harder on this and he actually got better when his ego receded and he decided he was going or accept help. His brother was picking him up at 4:30 from basketball practice (is basketball even in season for highschool in March? Prolly not, but I needed Jack to be in some sort of sport) so at about 4:05 I suggested we just run through the whole scene.
There was no one left in the library by now, so Kevin could also work on projection. The scene went off without a hitch as we neared the end.

"Oh yeah? And if I was a boy you'd be looking at me through one SWOLLEN EYE!" I say, reading off Olivia's line and staring at him with a firey intensity.

"GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT!" He fired back, with more emotion and power than I had ever heard him do. Then he did the part of the blocking where he wraps his arms around Katherine for the kiss but stopped short. "And this is the part where you and Ollie would kiss," I say, timidly, willing for him to let go but also being
completely enraptured in the way the scent of Old Spice radiating off of his body, and the way his hair looked perfect, as it always did. I was being swept away by his beautiful coffee brown eyes and his large biceps around my body. I wanted him to let go, but I also never wanted this moment to end. I just wanted to stay here, wrapped in Kevin's arms forever. But sadly, he let go and began packing up. I glanced at the clock and it was nearly 4:30. "I'll text you later tonight about when I can do this next. I really better get going," Kevin said, halfway out the door, "Goodbye, Connor.".

I feel my stomach do a little flip flop when he says that.
I walked home, seeing as Olivia had taken the car to drive everyone home. I thought about what just happened and realized, though it would be better for me not to develop feelings for Kevin to protect me, I couldn't help myself. Being wrapped up in his arms, with our faces inches from each other just felt so genuinely right. But I couldn't let that happen, I couldn't let myself get hurt.

Kevin's POV
The yelling part (you'll see what I mean)

"Oh yeah? And if I was a boy you'd be looking at me through one SWOLLEN EYE!" Connor says, and the next line just kinda flows out of me, this is so much easier than doing this scene with Olivia.

"GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT!" Then, completely engrossed in what was going on moved ahead in the scene and took Connor in my arms like I would Olivia for the kiss. But I didn't kiss him. I wanted to, I really, really wanted to. But I didn't. It would've been absolutely perfect if I had though. NO! It wouldn't! Turn. It. Off. Boys should be with girls, THAT'S Heavenly Father's plan. So if you ever feel you'd rather be with a man, turn it off. That is was Dad always told me and Jack. But there was something about Connor that made me want to throw that advice out the window completely.

Something in the way the light shone on his bright
orange hair and the way he smelled like cupcakes and happiness and the way his grey sweater he was wearing today complimented his sapphire blue eyes just made Kevin melt. But I had to stop feeling these feelings, Heavenly Father would not approve of them. He thought all of these thoughts in a fraction of a second, but was pulled out of his head when Connor said, "And this is that part where you and Ollie would kiss."

I let him go quickly after that, much to my dismay, but I couldn't be having gay thoughts, even if this guy was supposedly my soulmate. I am Kevin Price, and Kevin Price is not a fag. I said this over and over in my head until I started to believe it again.

It was nearly 4:30 by the time we were done, and Jack was probably expecting me to be at the car by now. I quickly packed up my stuff and told Connor I had to run, but would text him later that night about when I was free to do this again. I said a quick goodbye and left as fast as I could without running. On my walk to the car I attempted to shove my feelings into a box and send that box to Hell where it belongs, with the other fags. By the time I made it to the car, nearly the minutes before Jack, I had almost managed to convince myself that I wasn't even the tiniest bit attracted to Connor McKinley.

1478 words

Wow, longest chapter yet!

**IF YOU DON'T NORMALLY READ THE A/Ns PLEASE READ THIS ONE **
I really want to do an art contest for the cover of this book. The rules would simply be to draw something McPriceley related and either PM it to me on Kik or tag me in it in an art book. If no one is interested, oh well. If anyone is, I'll set a deadline for that which will be up in the next chapter or two. **IF YOU WANT TO, COMMENT HERE SO I HAVE AN IDEA OF HOW MANY!**

I'M ALSO TRYING TO COME UP WITH A REAL TITLE! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS COMMENT THEM HERE! THE DEADLINE FOR THIS IS NEXT FRIDAY (January 11) UNLESS I GET LIKE NO IDEAS. IF THAT IS THE CASE, I'LL LET YOU KNOW ASAP.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share!
~ Virginia