Vikklan- Fear

Lachlan's P.O.V.

"Ummmmm truth or dare.... Jerome." Preston's evil look said a lot and I knew at once that if Jerome chose truth, then he was absa-fudging-lootly screwed. I saw the resigned look on Jerome's face, but combined with a smug smirk, I knew he was ready.

"Dare." He said steadily, with absolutely no hesitation. Preston grinned evilly, rubbing his hands together.

"I dare you to make Mitch moan." Mitch reached across the circle and pretend slapped Preston.

"Why am I always involved in Jerome's dares!" He complained. "This is fun for him and embarrassing for me and it's Jerome's dare!"

I knew he was joking, he was rolling his eyes and little snorts of laughter left his mouth, clearly he didn't care one little bit. He and Jerome were always the outgoing ones, the ones who did less than savoury things in less than savoury places, so I knew he didn't give anything about the dare.

"Cause I'm mean. It was also your dare that made Rob tease me for 11 hours last week, so don't expect me to be nice." Preston was giggling, one of his hands covering his mouth and Rob squeezing his shoulder, also giggling.

Vikk and I were watching from the couch, the others were all sitting on the floor or on beanbags, giggling quietly together. We were being the third wheels, Merome and Poofless were both real but unfortunately for me, considering my massive crush on Vikk, he was as straight as a ruler, at least from what I knew.

The pairs loved making bets or dare behind their partners back, to tease them or annoy them for a few hours, just because why not. But they were still very close, were still in healthy and stable relationships with their partner, they just liked joking around.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, in which Jerome was trying to complete the dare, I pulled out my phone and put my headphones, ignoring the laughter from Preston. Vikk looked at me desperately and I moved myself so we were both lying side by side on the couch, one earbud in each. It blocked out the noise.

The game paused for a few minutes before the next go, which was Vikk's, while Mitch chased Preston around the house, attempting to dump a bottle of water on his head. He gave up eventually but Preston didn't escape unscathed, with a huge splash of water all over his front.

Jerome smiled, rolling his eyes at his boyfriend.

"Truth or dare Vikk?" He asked.

"Truth." Vikk replied. He rarely did dares and only if they were from Rob or I because we wouldn't be assholes and make him do something that he didn't want to do or something that was humiliating.

"Hmmmmm" Jerome thought for a minute before finally asking. "What are you most afraid of?"

Vikk blinked, surprised, and open his mouth but shut it again, frowning.

"I- I dunno maybe heights?" He was confused and hesitant but Jerome shook his head.

"No, like, what are you really, really scared of, like your deepest darkest fear that you haven't told anyone." He frowned and I actually felt him start to panic a little, his chest rising and falling a little faster than normal, telling me that something was wrong.

"I- I-" He paused and thought for a few seconds. "Being- being forgotten."

He said the last part with certainty, rubbing his forehead gently. I didn't realise that he was actually going to tell us his deepest fear and I didn't realise that that was it. His fear was being forgotten.

There was silence among the boys, a stunned silence, and none of us knew what to say. Vikk then stood and tried to leave the room but I tugged him back, holding onto his hand to stop him from trying leave.

He honestly looked like he was about to cry, tears welling up in the corners of his eyes. He wiped them fiercely and tried to pull away again but I refused to let go, pulling him back into my chest and hugging him tightly, let him bury his head in my shoulder.

No one said anything for a few minutes until Vikk calmed down, his head still in my shoulder. He was hiccupping almost painfully and I rubbed my hand up and down his back, sitting back down onto the couch. He was almost completely hidden from the others view, nestled into my side.

"It's okay Vikk." I whispered. "It's okay, you're okay."

Eventually he calmed down enough to pull his head out of my shoulder, wiping his eyes gently.

"Thanks Lachy." He mumbled, settling down with his head back on my shoulder but his eyes out to the others.

I was about to say something else when Preston interrupted us.

"Well now I feel stupid." He said. "And just so you know, I'm scared deathly scared of bananas."

I furrowed my brow, completely and utterly confused. Preston got up to leave the room, grinning.

"Wait hold the fuck up, why are you telling me you're scared of bananas?" He shrugged.

"Trying to break the tension. It was awkward." I rolled my eyes and hugged Vikk tighter. He leaned into me and I saw his face flush a little as I squeezed his waist, holding him close so he couldn't get away again.

After a few minutes we decided to stop the game, we were all tired and overworked and just wanted to go to sleep, so everyone split up into their bedrooms. Jerome and Mitch shared a room and Preston and Rob shared a room, as did Vikk and I.

There were three rooms total, two with one double bed and one with two single beds and Vikk and I, or course, shared the room with the single beds. We were the only ones who weren't together.

Vikk and I eventually headed back to our room and settled down on out beds, but I quickly realised that Vikk was shaken and wouldn't be sleeping any time soon. He was sitting up in bed, his legs folded and his hands holding up his head.

I slipped to the floor, padding over the bed and sitting down beside him.

"You okay Vikk? You're upset." He nodded.

"I shouldn't have said that." He mumbled, sounding on the verge of tears.

"It's okay Vikk, Jerome asked and you answered and anyway, that's a fear I have as well." He looked up.

"Really?" He whispered.

"Mm hm, but I think my biggest fear is the fear of rejection." I uttered under my breath. He looked me right in the eyes, looking for a hint that I was lying, even though I wasn't.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asked, reaching out and taking my hand.

"Because I want you to know that you aren't alone." I whispered. "That it's okay to have fears and whatever yours are, they're valid and no matter how silly they might seem you have a reason to be scared of them and it's okay to be scared. You don't have to be ashamed."

He smiled and shuffled a little bit closer to me.

"Thanks Lachy. That made me feel a lot better." I could barely hear him he was so quiet but he was being genuine, I could tell.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay." I gathered up the courage to reach out for him and wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him so he was nestled in my side. He rested his head on my shoulder, his eyes slipping closed.

"I'm okay now you're here." He mumbled and squeezed my hand. "Thank you."

I didn't realise he was leaning into kiss me until his lips were on mine because my eyes were closed, but once I knew I kissed back. The kiss was short but meaningful, his lips brushing mine, full of passion and demand.

I pulled back first, grinning like an absolute idiot, but my stomach was full of butterflies and I was sitting on cloud 9 so don't blame me. Vikk launched at me and hugged me tightly, my arms tightening in return and my lips pressing light butterfly kisses on the top of his head.

"I guess we just made the last Pack ship official?" Vikk said into my sweater.

"I guess we did." I said back, his tiny hands finding me and his fingers slipped in between my own.

"Boyfriends?" He asked, tipping his head back so his deep brown eyes were looking right into my eyes.

"Yeah. Boyfriends."