Chapter 41: Climax of the Wood

~~~~Alright y'all, this chapter is going to be a long one. I felt the need to include all of these events in a single chapter, and I hope that's okay. It's about 3 times as long as my chapters usually are. Oops.

I've officially mapped out the conclusion of this story. If everything goes according to plan, this book should be done in 9 more chapters. Therefore, there will be 50 chapters total in this story. I felt like 50 was a very nice number to end on, and so the remaining chapters may be a bit longer than the others.

As far as I know, I have every mystery/question solved throughout the remaining 9 chapters. My goal is to wrap up everything in a satisfying way, and I really hope you guys like it! If there is a mystery or question that I don't address in the following chapters, please let me know. This novel has taken a mind of it's own in many ways, and it is very possible that I could have forgotten something along the journey. I'm also planning on going through and giving each chapter a name. You may notice these changes, and I hope you like it!

Anyways, please enjoy this chapter and tell me what you think! Also, is there anything in particular you would like to see happen in the remaining 9 chapters? If there is, I would love to try and include it. Thank you!

P.S. There are some subtle implications of sexual abuse (aka unwanted kisses with force used) in this chaper. Nothing extreme, but I wanted to add a disclaimer. If that is something that triggers you, I would recommend skipping the second half of this chapter.~~~~

Chapter 41

Seeing my opportunity, I swiftly approached her.

"Maheega! Please, let me do the dishes. You can relax with the kids." I softly pushed her away from the dishes.

"You really don't need to do that Jamie." She replied kindly, but she did begin drying off her hands.

"It's no bother. I feel bad enough for imposing on you guys."

"Thank you. I'll go ahead and take the kids out to play." She gave me a smile before retreating from the room with the children.

I knew that I needed to find a knife or scissors that I could cut Ali's ropes with. It would be pointless to find him and be unable to break him away. Unfortunately, Ron remained hovering over my shoulder with a huge grin.

"I'm just so happy you're here Jaime. You have no idea how happy I am."

As if his statement wasn't strong enough, he gave me a big bear hug from behind. I slopped some dishwater on my shirt in surprise.

"T-thanks Ron. I'm happy too."

I expected him to release me, but he just hugged me tighter. I longed to push him away, slap him, kick him, whatever I needed to do to get him out of my personal space, but I had to endure it. I couldn't do anything to let him know how disgusted I was.

"R-Ron, do you think we could go for a walk today?" Finally, he pulled away from me and came up to my side. He began drying the dishes I had already washed.

"A walk?"

"Yeah. That way we can get away and talk for a while. With no one else around." He smiled, pleased that I seemed to want to spend time with him.

"We can be alone here! Maheega has her own house with Ohni and the children; she just came here to cook for you." I hesitated, unsure how to precede. I needed to get Ron into the forest.

"I just... want to get more space from everyone. Can we please go for a walk? I have a lot to talk to you about." He looked me in the eyes and appeared to debate for a moment.