Chapter 6: Field Trip

Inside the storage room, Wang Yunfan could finally turn off the system after a full hour of reading through the 'website' and trying to find as much information as he could. The other quests beside the one he's doing were all locked, so he couldn't see them. The side quests were mostly locked, but there were a few that were available for him to complete; however they weren't as important nor time sensitive. The Status section consists only of five different coloured bars. The orange bar has an exp beside it, so it was probably an exp bar. However the rest didn't have any writings next to them, so he was quite clueless about that part—although he's pretty sure the blue one is something like a mana bar.

There were also rules that the system had failed to mention, probably because it was written there under the bullets in extremely tiny text.

'Note: Dear customer, to have the full experience of the Omega Program, Customer is advised to:

· Keep at least 60% of the cast alive

· Not obstruct the main character's development

· Avoid revealing anything about the program, system, nor this customer's true identity.

If any of these requirements are not met, the program would immediately end as GAME OVER. Thank you for customer's notice. Enjoy the Omega Program!'

'Enjoy' my ass! How can I enjoy something like that! And why is the bottom text so small? What if I didn't see it? I would have died!

The first requirement was understandable in a sense, since more than 70% of the characters were all destined to die, especially so if they're male. However it is extremely absurd to think that he can keep them all alive by himself.

For the second one, it was doable. It just means that he would have to follow the plot, right? Just until the point where he 'dies' and he would be able to live in peace after!

As for the third one... really, this system! Even if he did tell, none of these people would ever believe him. They would just think he had some kind of God complex if he claimed that he was their creator or even label him 'crazy' for talking about 'systems' and 'programs'.

Immediately after he turned off the system, everything became dark again. His poor, tired eyes had to adjust to the darkness, so for a full second there he was blind. But then he noticed something red on his lap...

AH! Jing Zhilian's uniform!!

Wang Yunfan immediately grabbed the set of clothing and rushed outside. Really, what kind of 'parent' was he to forget about a child? He couldn't believe he'd left him in the tub for an hour; which was certainly not good.

Wang Yunfan speed walked along the hallway and as soon as he turned into a corner, a small, naked figure jumped into him. In that split second, Wang Yunfan reflexively shielded the figure with his long sleeves before others could see. And as the cloth fully dropped to the ground, he saw another three, albeit fully clothed and dirty.

"W-Wang Shifu!" the three exclaimed in unison, their faces were that of shock as they scrambled to greet their master. Not because they saw who the figure was, but because how their master 'embraced' the 'water ghoul' like a mother bird protecting its eggs.

Wang Yunfan stared at the three, and then the semi wet sheet, then the child in his embrace. By doing so, he could roughly guess what had occurred and suddenly felt a sense of dread. This situation was definitely his fault for being too immersed in the system and he has to fix it ASAP; or else, he might meet his end earlier than planned!